Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 SCCA Southwest Region Divisional #1, 6/20-6/21, College Station

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Steve - I had the same problem, but figured out that you have to go into your profile and add the membership number there. Once you login you'll see a link for 'My Information' under the section 'My Controls'. Click the 'My Information' link and there's a spot toward the bottom of the screen for your membership number. Once you have it in, click the button right next to it that says 'Validate SCCA Membership'. That should fix your registration issues...

There's a note in there that says your name should be spelled the same way in Axware that it is in the SCCA database - I guess it's doing an extra cross check - so if you're Steve in SCCA land but Steven in the Axware world it may bomb out.
    Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the issue. It is just a half-assed application. Worked fine last week but not this week. Same explanation as last month when it did not work. It's Topeka's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by autocrosspicturesnet View Post
    I thought they dropped Tire from the Divs this year....
    Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Tire Class is also available for this years series.
    They might as well, since none of the class's normal participants participate.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Wow, I do not see anyone in Tire. It's a short drive and a good time. If you cannot afford two nights in a hotel, then don't worry -- we cannot get to the site on Friday, anyway. If you only want to stay one night, then you can just register and tech in the morning.
    Who wants to go compete in a class of one. That really isn't competing its more like just driving around some stuff.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

If I ran in a class of one, I would probably still finish DFL.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Who wants to go compete in a class of one.
    Bring your co-driver.

Did I ever tell you about that time at the Houston Tour where I was only competing against my co-driver....

Bring your co-driver.

Did I ever tell you about that time at the Houston
    Co-driver is unavailble so is the car. Life can be so cruel.

Some info on the schedule:

Registration and roving tech Friday June 19th 6:00 to 9:00 pm at Manor House Inn, Race Central

Pizza and beverages will be served Friday night at the motel during registration and tech.

Saturday night, the dinner/party will be at 6:00 pm at the Wings-n-More
    1803 Deacon College Station, TX 77845 Close to race central motel

We'll have wings, chicken tenders, steak fingers, slaw, fries, and onion rings. Of course beverages will be there as well.

Still trying to get word on where we will all be able to Park since there does not appear to be site access until Saturday at 7AM. Google satellite & earth appears to indicate a rather small lot at the hotel.

Wow - hadn't even thought of the parking situation. It won't take many truck/trailer rigs to fill up a small lot. Chris and I are debating now on trailering or not.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Wow - hadn't even thought of the parking situation. It won't take many truck/trailer rigs to fill up a small lot. Chris and I are debating now on trailering or not.
    From what I heard last Sunday, my advice to you is take a truck load of earplugs
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Driver

huh?

I think the mod cars were quieter...

'twas pretty loud, 'twasn't it?

The added volume makes it feel soooo much faster, just like when you add new stickers.

New headers, ~60lb weight reduction from carrying around fewer exhaust components.... it's got to be faster, right? Either that or I'm finally figuring out how to drive it.

It will be more civilized for College Station this weekend. I'm curious to see the dyno charts, because I suspect we're giving up some midrange by having it that open. Chris did a pre-mod dyno run, so we'll see what the post mod chart turns up.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Driver

during your parade lap it seemed pretty slow.... until you got to the finish

Did you ever thank Jeremy (Ault in the spinning Evo) for your rerun?

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    From what I heard last Sunday, my advice to you is take a truck load of earplugs
    And hand them out to everyone within 5 miles. Headphone protectors for competitors and spectators along with Advil.

Don't worry about the Bryan site. Just drive the car down instead of trailering it and you'll win free accomodations in some community's facility along the way.

Heat Assignments
    Jun 20, 2009
    'SWDIV #1 - Annex Yo'': HOUSTONSCCA

Run Heat Total Cars Classes
    1 45 FJA FJB BS DS ES HS BSP CSP XP FP GP BM EM ST STS FSP ASL CPL STSL
    2 41 ESP FS AS SS CP DP AM CM STX STU SSM F125 FM

Working Heat Classes
    1 ESP FS AS SS CP DP AM CM STX STU SSM F125 FM
    2 FJA FJB BS DS ES HS BSP CSP XP FP GP BM EM ST STS FSP ASL CPL STSL

Who wants to go compete in a class of one. That really isn't competing its more like just driving around some stuff.
    Dang,

After we fought so hard for the Tire Class for you guys, this is how the class decides if they are going to go a year later.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Dang,

After we fought so hard for the Tire Class for you guys, this is how the class decides if they are going to go a year later.
    Yea because it is the responsibilty of this forum of a handful of local Miata guys to fill the tire class ranks for all of this years divisionals.

BTW there is now a Mustang signed up in tire class!

Yea because it is the responsibilty of this forum of a handful of local Miata guys to fill the tire class ranks for all of this years divisionals.
    ......Yes!! Absolutely!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I would say that the people on this forum had a lot to do with making the class available.

I would say that the people on this forum had a lot to do with making the class available.
    I thought it was before last year's divisionals that everyone made a stink about it. I think it was hardly mentioned this year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast