Thread: WTB - 6UL's in Matte Bronze - 15x8

Default WTB - 6UL's in Matte Bronze - 15x8

Since the RPF-1's are practically sold, I'm looking for some bronze 6UL's. According to the website, they've only got 2 available in this size. I don't have enough horsepower to wheelie everywhere, so I'll need 4.

LMK wut u got.

If I can't find bronze I'll order black.

Check Good-Win. I think he has 20 sets coming June 10th.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Ya. I checked his site and he doesn't have bronze listed at all. The other distributor (Phil's Tire Service) does have 2 sets of bronze available, so I'll probably grab one of those on Friday if/when the RPF-1's have transformed into cash.

He ordered 20 of the bronze 15x9's but has not put them on the website yet. Email him or keep checking the site as the latest delivery from Emilio is June 10th.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

get 15x9 for your nb and run 225/45/15 for max grip. if i had some cash i would be

15x9 FTW mine will be here in black likely soon

I'll consider it. I was hoping to break even between the sale of the RPF-1's and the new 6UL's. It would have been very close at 15x8. 15x9 would push me over...but I'll see about convincing myself I can live with that :) The 15x9's do look pretty badass.

if you want to maximize the contact patch on a 225/45 run the 15x9

NT01? Seems like a good tire for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    15x9 FTW mine will be here in black likely soon
    Nice, black wheels are Full of Win.

(Bronze isn't too shabby either)

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Nice, black wheels are Full of Win.

(Bronze isn't too shabby either)

Chris
    In the end I'll have one set of each - so I can't agree more :)

I want 15X9's with NT01's when my Miata is no longer the sole vehicle/DD.

Thinking out loud: sure would be nice if some of the 15 inch tires came in sizes bigger than 205/225, I'm talking to you Kumho and Hankook.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    NT01? Seems like a good tire for the price.
    the best option for the price right now.

Thinking out loud: sure would be nice if some of the 15 inch tires came in sizes bigger than 205/225, I'm talking to you Kumho and Hankook.
    Hoosier has your answer, 275/35/15
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    on a 15x9 wouldn't a 275 and 225 have the same contact patch? $50 more for unusable rubber?

or 235/50 r888, will have to roll finders
    Last edited by jeff_man; 06-04-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Indeed, but not a street tire or has the longevity of a NT-01 on the street does it?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    on a 15x9 wouldn't a 275 and 225 have the same contact patch? $50 more for unusable rubber?
    No. Hoosier tires are extremely wide.(and expensive) The bead of the tire is much narrower than the tread width and section width. Tread width measurements will vary between manufacturers. Note the the measured rim width, tread width and section width to make a good decision about tire size and wheel width. There is a 1.3" difference in tread width between the 225 and 275 hoosiers.

Specs are HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    Like Wags said, the Hoosier has a cantilevered bead that allows it to work better on skinnier wheels. While this isn't optimal, it works. I used to run a 285 Hoosier on my stock 8" RX-8 wheels for autocross and it worked well (that doesn't mean I didn't wish I could use a 10" wide wheel though).

Indeed, but not a street tire or has the longevity of a NT-01 on the street does it?

Chris
    I thought we were talking R-comps since we were talking about NT-01s. They should look like hoosiers after about 2/32s of wear (just 2 grooves down the center).
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I thought we were talking R-comps since we were talking about NT-01s. They should look like hoosiers after about 2/32s of wear (just 2 grooves down the center).
    I'm not very good at this whole staying on topic thing.

Chris