Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT4 is on the horizon... What are you waiting for?

Default Re: GameStop 2/1/04

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    We've all thought about building a GT racing seat... There are even about 2 dozen commercial options. It's a sickness.
    So shall I take it that this is not a particularly bad idea? :)

I'm going to start looking for a seat... Anyone have a favorite wheel/pedal controller?

Chuck
    The choice for GT4 will probably be the Dual Force Pro from Logitech... 900 degree range of motion, and all... That said, I'll cut you a sweet deal on my Dual force non-pro...

Default Uh... that's 2005 boyz...

"GameStop is showing a 2/1/04 release..."
    "2/22/04 will probably be announced by Sony America shortly since they confirmed 2/25/04 for Europe..."
    Welcome to 2005 boyz!

Here's the racing seat that I want... but $329 + shipping! And as for the wheel/pedal thingy, I definitely enjoy racing with that better than the usual game controller... but I'm actually not as fast with the wheel/pedal. Go figure.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Default Re: Uh... that's 2005 boyz...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    "GameStop is showing a 2/1/04 release..."
    "2/22/04 will probably be announced by Sony America shortly since they confirmed 2/25/04 for Europe..."
    Welcome to 2005 boyz!

Here's the racing seat that I want... but $329 + shipping! And as for the wheel/pedal thingy, I definitely enjoy racing with that better than the usual game controller... but I'm actually not as fast with the wheel/pedal. Go figure.
    Doh.

Thanks for the link, though. That doesn't look that hard to build at all -- even simpler than the ideas I came up with. I don't have my torch here yet, so I think I'll use some kind of cross brace and straight post for the wheel mount rather than the curved one. Still gotta find a seat...

Chuck

Doh.
    Just ribbin' ya, mostly 'cuz that's something I'd do!

Yeah, I’d think that a guy that could make his own cool hardtop racks – and has such a nice, clean garage – could whip up a very nice racing frame and seat for say $125 each? Put me down for one, in dark blue to match my ’99 Miata
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I dropped my WTB ad for a seat in the parts section. If any of you out there have a spare Miata seat around that you'd let go free or real cheap you're welcome to come check out the final product. Trust me, it's gonna be awesome.

Chuck

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

FWIW, according to this, the ship date will be 3/14/2005.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236416.asp

Much like weather forecasts, I find the answer I like and don't look further...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280875

The real answer is, we probably won't know when it's out until it is...

Before the gift cards expire!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

If he's already pre-ordered with the gift cards they're spent and won't expire... :)

Chuck

PS: Got a controller lined up, going junking for seat Saturday and hoping to get my "simulator" built this weekend...

Hey, all...

Thought I'd post a couple of preliminary pictures of the "racing simulator." Tomorrow I need to clean up the welds, attach the seat permanently, and paint it. The seat is black leather (!) and came out of a '96 Diamonte. In the photos the seat is in almost the rearmost adjustment and is a little far back for Sean (but I have to weld it down before I can move it forward). The seat moves about 7"-8" forward.

More pics soon...

Chuck[/img]

Got the welds cleaned up and it's painted. The seat cleaned up great. With any luck the paint'll be dry tomorrow and I'll have photos of the whole system in the media room in operation.

Chuck

If you're willing to make another one... I'd have a buyer for you. One of the fellas here is building his new home, and in that home, he has a home theater (106" screen!) and a huge game room. He was asking me if I'd seen something like this before last week before you posted about yours... but now I may have a local source for him. Let me know...

Hey -- if you're following this bit, here's the new topic with the finished product...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12