Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Autocrossing 102 on March 5

I am in for both 102 and TT.

3Bean - something just occurred to me. You may want to contact Bill and ask him how they'll handle tech for you and your car, since you don't have a top, have a bar and a harness, but don't sit under the top of the bar. They may have an issue with that... but I don't know for sure.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    3Bean - something just occurred to me. You may want to contact Bill and ask him how they'll handle tech for you and your car, since you don't have a top, have a bar and a harness, but don't sit under the top of the bar. They may have an issue with that... but I don't know for sure.
    Yep, they are pretty picky
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

... ummm... Bean... where's the instructor gonna sit?

Actually, thanks for bringing that up! I never would have thought to ask... I'll find out right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Hey! I just got a response email and the price went up another $5!! I returned an email and I hope it's just a small mistake.
    Maybe they are charging by the question? :P

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Great so that's about a 120-mile round trip and about 2-1/2 hours on a Wednesday evening to get the car teched.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    Great so that's about a 120-mile round trip and about 2-1/2 hours on a Wednesday evening to get the car teched.
    Patience, Grasshopper.

rjosey8385, if you email them and explain that Wednesday night is très inconvenient for you, then chances are they'll make an allowance for you to Tech the morning of the event. They did it last year for some "out of towners".
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

rjosey8385, if you email them and explain that Wednesday night is très inconvenient for you, then chances are they'll make an allowance for you to Tech the morning of the event. They did it last year for some "out of towners".
    Although that was last year, just because they did it before is no guarantee they will do it again.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Well, I am NOT the most patient insect on the planet ....thanks, Iain, I can at least offer them a beer if they'll come out this way and inspect me :P
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Here is the reply I got from Wendy at PCA concerning Tech Inspection -

Unfortunately, we had a few "questionable" vehicles who showed up last
    year, which prompted the need for bringing back the pre-tech.

Unless you have a severe hardship or have to travel for hours to get here, it's important to have your car teched BEFORE the event. We will certainly tech cars that morning, but we will be much stronger that we have been with not allowing cars that don't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm

Bean went last year?

They've opened up a location in Plano, as well, which is only 25 miles from me and I can do that:

"Please make plans to have your car pre-teched at either Autoscope (601
    Coit Road @ Plano Parkway in Plano) or Mayo Performance (1521 Baccarac Court in Euless) any time between 5-7 PM on the Wednesday before the school event. "

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm

Bean went last year?

Registration Accepted!

I signed up for 102!

Hey All:

I'm brand new here and am planning to get into AutoX next year. (I did some many, many years ago but not worth mentioning.) I signed up for both the 101 and 102 classes as $40x2 seems like a great deal for some quick instruction and experience.

I'd assume that the bar discussion is for time trial events. I looked at the downloadable Tech Inspection Form and there didn't seem to be anything there about them (and I can't imagine why they'd be required for AutoX). Is this the case?

Chuck

Chuck-

Welcome aboard!

Roll bar isn't required, but you will probably be required to run top up without one with PCA. Most of us don't think this is a big deal, but some gripe from time to time.

We have a nifty chart detailing the quirks of all the area autocross clubs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast