Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autocrossing 102 on March 5

I signed up for 101 and 102!

Then I got a confirmation email saying I was in TT103.
    I asked for clarification. Hope I'm in the AX classes.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    I got a confirmation email saying I was in TT103.
    I think there's a glitch in their email automation. You should receive an email from Wendy with your correct confirmations.

My friend Sean and I signed up as co-drivers about a week or so ago (about a week apart). Is there gerenally a lot of difficulty getting into these, or do we all have a pretty decent shot?

Chuck

Well, I've registered for all three events (101-103). I know I need all the help I can get, and this seems like the perfect place to do it. Now I just need them to officially accept my registrations...

S.

Just in case anyone is interested, Texas Region SCCA has changed the weekend of their practice event and first points event to the weekend of March 5 and 6. Had to do it since the only other date available was the weekend of the 27th, Easter weekend...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    Just in case anyone is interested, Texas Region SCCA has changed the weekend of their practice event and first points event to the weekend of March 5 and 6. Had to do it since the only other date available was the weekend of the 27th, Easter weekend...
    Thanks for the heads-up! At least my learnin' will be fresh for the first event!

Chuck

Grrrr. Got an e-mail from PCA saying that they probably won't have room for me. Porsche owners first, blah blah blah. I understand, but it's still a big bummer.

S.

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Bummer...I guess I'll be getting my notice any day now, too. When did you send (E-mail) your form in? I sent mine in on 01/03/05.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

I sent in mine on 1/5/05 and have only heard from them the next day that I am on the waiting list. I have not received the "reject" email yet. Am I in or out

I guess I will email Wendy about my status! Rejection hurts
    Gabriel

Well, my E-mail said we'd be notified 2 weeks before the event....nothing like plenty of time to plan
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

This what Wendy telling me "The only acceptance or rejection notices that have gone out have been for the 101 and Ladies only schools. We're still getting registrations in for the other schools. Those notices will go out 2 weeks prior to the event.

We'll do our best to get as many people in as possible. That's all I can really say at this time. :}

Wendy"
    Gabriel

Yay! Someone cancelled for 101. I was next on the list, so I'm in. See you there, Iain.

S.

Sweet! I've never thrashed on... err, driven an MSM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Will we get a failing grade if we refuse to let the instructor drive our car?

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    Failing grades are only given to students with crappy brakes and slipping clutches...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Failing grades are only given to students with crappy brakes and slipping clutches...
    Well....and that's my point - I'd like to keep 'em thataway.

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    No, but you won't learn as much, either.

Don't worry - I tend to take it easy on S2000 clutches, since I know they suck :P . I had a student last year fry his last year at the AX101 school early in the morning, and it never felt right again the entire day.

Miata clutches, on the other hand...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks to Mitch, Iain, and TC for serving as instructors during Autocross 101 today. The event kicked ass, the weather was perfect, and the Miatae acquitted themselves well in a sea of Porsches, Chevys, and, S2000s.

You guys are awesome to be so giving of your time. I know that I learned a ton, and the MSM got a good workout.

Thanks again.

S.

Mitch & Iain did all the work... I was just hanging out, shagging a few cones and waving a few red flags.

I saw a lot of improvement from our Miata crowd... It was cool watching Darron and srivendel finding the limits (and beyond) of their cars. I think you guys did more searching for the limits - and thus getting the full advantage of the school - than anyone else out there.

Be sure you've got plenty of tire when you go to AX102! 'course... Darron should have no problem since no amount of tire abuse today seemed to phase the rock-hard all seasons...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Ahh, it's not work. I like instructing - every time I do it I feel like I end up learning almost as much as the students. There is nothing like a long, hard, critical look at someone else's driving to remind you of the stuff that you are doing wrong.

It was good to see Loren, Lauren, Matt, Mitch, Darron, and Bobby B. (not to mention all of the great Maverick Region folk) out there today. Loren, Matt and Darron all learned a lot and made great progress over the course of the day, from what I could see. Most importantly, I think they all had fun.
    Iain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast