Thread: Mazda 3 - whaddaya think?

Default Mazda 3 - whaddaya think?

Some of you who were out at the SCCA event(s) this weekend got a chance to meet Mark and his new Mazda 3s sedan.

The more I look at the new 3, the more impressed I am by it. Mark's particular car was fully loaded with everything except leather (which would be the way I'd take one) - sunroof, satnav, ABS/SAB/SAC, xenon headlights, etc. He showed me the original window sticker, which was for $21,xxx. A lot of car for the money, imho.

This weekend was the first time I'd really looked up close at the 3, and what I saw impressed me. The interior and exterior detailing are very nice, and the car just looked a lot better than it's price would suggest from any angle. The 3 also looked relatively light on it's feet on course, with minimal body roll, pitch, or dive under braking. To top it all off, it weighed in at ~2860 with a full tank of gas, so although it's no Miata, it's not a ton-and-a-half-plus heiffer like my wife's Accord, either.

Anyone here driven one yet? If so, what did you think?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Didnt bother to drive one, picked up an '03 P5 for alot less and love it.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Looked at em when I was at the Auto Show. I like em, 'cept the wagons. I'm not a wagon kinda guy myself.

The exterior and interior styling is top notch IMHO.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I didn't get to check out the interior of the car, but I was impressed with the fit, finish and overall looks of the exterior. Very nice!

I like them but I prefer the practicality of the wagon.

I still like the P5 and it's a much better value. I might pick up a used 3 in a couple of years. Let someone elde take the depreciation hit.

I'd like to get a P5. Maybe by the end of the year.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I have always thought the Protege/3 was a great value. A lot of car for the money.