Thread: Need Directions: Back Roads Trip to Ozarks

Default Need Directions: Back Roads Trip to Ozarks

Several years ago I participated ....actually I just followed the leader... in an back road...very enjoyable... Miata ride to Mena, Ark. I would like to duplicate this trip with my family. As I didn't take notes, can anyone provide me with their directions, route? We want to end up at the Lodge at the Queen Wilhemhina Start Park, Mena, Ark.
    Shazam

We did this trip last fall. Cut off 35 in Durant and followed 70 towards Hugo. North on 271 to Talihina, then the Talihina Parkway through the mountains. Stopped off at the Queen Wilhelmina but it didn't stay there. IMHO there are nicer places to stay in Mena, we stayed at a B&B called Raspberry Manor that Ataim had recommended, well worth the tour of the antique car collection alone.

This is one of my 5 motorcycle routes I've taken to get to the same place in Mena. There are a few other ways that are shorter and longer. But some of those back roads you won't see a soul and can open it up

There is also an All you can eat buffet just before you get into Mena off of Highway 1. If you crossed into Arkansas you went to far. Its right at the border of Oklahoma and Arkansas, you can't miss it its the only thing out there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.890579&z=11
    Blah blah blah!

I can not remember who posted it, but I would take a look at this website and make my own route.

Linkie:

It has most of the roads that are worth a look at in the area.

I would also check out the Talimena Scenic Drive website out. They have a link to the Queen Willowmena lodge as well.

If you shoot straight up 75 most of the way, go on past Durrant and a little past Attoka at Daisy and head over that way to Tahlahina, Ok. Make sure to stop past the Boiler Room coffee house in Sherman(Closed on Sundays) and have a coffee and piece of cake. It is one block west of the square in Sherman on the east bound street.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica