Thread: I know this is a scam....

Default I know this is a scam....

I received this email today. I don't have ANY BANK OF AMERICA credit cards or accounts.. I changed the link slightly to keep some one from going to the site Also the link is not secure. Can you imagine the damage that someone could do with this information.

"Dear Customer,

We have encountered an error in our attempt to create your monthly bank account statement for the credit card you have with us. We have strong reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your account. Please use the link below to update your information that you have on file with your Bank of America account. Once you have updated your account details your session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems.

To update your account details please click on the link below:

http://host4983.dynalias.com/www.Ban.../do.cmd=SignIn

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for using Bank of America.

© 2009 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved."
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

What's really frightening is the number of people who will receive that and NOT immediately think it's a scam, click on the link, gladly give up all their personal data, and then be surprised when someone goes and buys a plasma TV on their credit card...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

That's a good one. I imagine that they will get quite a few people. Decent English, for a change.