Thread: Tech Day 8/7, 8, or 9?

Default Tech Day 8/8 9:30 am: I'm grilling burgers!

Radio-Active has volunteered to help me out Saturday morning. I think we'll get started around 9 or 9:30. PM me for location, but I live near the Galleria mall (tollway and 635).

I'm grilling up hamburgers and maybe some hot dogs for lunch. Let me know if anyone else wants to come help or just hang out so I know how much stuff to get at the store.

Thanks
    Last edited by MoonieGT; 08-07-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

No one?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Probably better to go ahead and pick a time and day when there is no autoX.

I tried to check the Auto-X calendar but it's not working... I saw a post that said nothing was going on this weekend...

If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend or next Saturday I could really use the help.

Thanks
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Edit your first post at the title line and change the TECH DAY line to include the date. I am sure you will have better luck getting a responce that way. Also you may want to give an approxmate area of where you live with instructions via PM to your exact location. Maybe add a phone number for contact. four 6 nine format.

By the way, this weekend is the free Hyundai Genisis NMC driving event. But that won't necesarily be a bad thing.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Ya, I'm signed up for the Genisis event on Sunday but I'd ditch that for tech help :)

Thanks for the tips
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

I guess I need a mod to change the title to include dates for this weekend...

Nevermind, got it :)
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Exclamation

Why don't you list all the parts you have bought for this project. Be sure you're not missing anything before you take it apart.

Shoot a PM to bmcreider with this. Tell him JuanoTejano sent ya!

I bought the Rick's Engine Parts Fleabay Kit (flame suit on):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda...Q5fAccessories

I think I have all the parts I need, but I'm not 100% sure about the crank seal because of the short nose crank issue. I don't have the short nose, but the kit is for 90-93... someone on the big board said the kit comes with both the short nose and the large nose crank seals. So I guess I have both?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

I checked the part numbers for the seals I have, and I do have seals for both the short nose and the large nose so I should be good to go.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Radio-Active has volunteered to help me out. I think we're going to get started around 9 or 9:30 tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I'm going to grill up some hamburgers and hot dogs. PM me and let me know if anyone else wants to come hang out and or help so I know how much stuff to get at the grocery store.

Thanks
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Well how did it go??

It went pretty well . There were the obligatory runs to Autozone and Lowes to pick up a few tools and parts (23mm socket, 24mm socket, new Alternator belt, vise grips, 1/2 to 3/8 convertor). But really the install went pretty smooth thanks (an enormous thanks really) to Radio_Active. The only trouble was with the crank bolt (surprise surprise). After some frustration, sweat, frustration, sweat, and more frustration the crank bolt came off via the two wrenches vice gripped together method . After that it all went back together pretty quickly. I made an error in the last step: I put the spark plug wires back on in the wrong order . The car started and stumbled... A quick look through the shop manual and my mistake was corrected and she fired right up.

While Radio_Active was working on the timing belt I worked on getting the transmission and diff fluids changed. Gary suggested the Motul Gear 300 (I think that's what it was) for the transmission. I noticed an improvement in shifting instantly. Everyone says it gets better and better for the first 1000 miles or so... I've only done 60 and it's night and day over the previous oil. Can't wait to see what happens over the next 940 miles.

Now that that is out of the way... operation track toy is underway!
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green