Thread: Toyota to rename Lexus supercar the "Falafel"

Default Toyota to rename Lexus supercar the "Falafel"

Or something like that.

From Autoblog:

What's in a name? More than you'd otherwise assume, especially when it comes to range-topping supercars. Exotics always seem to change monikers before they hit the streets, so following Mercedes' decision to relabel its anticipated SLC as the SLS instead, Lexus is reportedly changing the name of its LF-A supercar to LF-L.

According to the latest output of the rumor mill, the switched letter stands for Le Mans, where the Toyota supercar is anticipated to race next year following its earlier race debut at the Nürburgring.

Whatever they call it, the Lexus supercar is expected to feature a myriad of controls right on the steering wheel, from traction control and gearbox settings to toggles for the dashboard displays. Cylinder deactivation is also said to be part of the package, along with launch control and adaptive aerodynamic elements.

Call it what you will, we just want to see it on the road already.

Meh... they've been developing this car since like 1927, iirc. Instead of renaming it, how about bringing the damn thing to market? Or just kill it altogether ('cause it'll never be faster than a GT-R ) and spend the money developing the Toyobaru or another Celica or something else?

Other name suggestions:

• Lexus FT-L
    • Lexus ROF-L
    • Lexus DIAF
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I really do not expect much out of this car.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    ...it'll never be faster than a GT-R )
    Or a ZR1, or a 911 Turbo, or any Ferrari...

Plus, from the pics I've seen, it appears to be of the "melted-lady-parts-pleasure-toy + NACA-ducts-to-make-it-faster" school of design. At least chicks will dig it.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I do like it, though, I think it looks like a stretched 350-370 Z.

cool, another car for us to crush at the track.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Bout time someone decided to ditch the mirrors for cameras. I bet that dropped alot of drag. I've had an RX-330 and the hybrid RX-400 and think Lexus is quite a company if you can afford it. Should be a great car if it ever gets made.

It is fugly! The scope behind the b-pillar just so rediculus! It is to the same degree as the fake holes on the fenders of some ricers!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Or a ZR1, or a 911 Turbo, or any Ferrari...

Plus, from the pics I've seen, it appears to be of the "melted-lady-parts-pleasure-toy + NACA-ducts-to-make-it-faster" school of design. At least chicks will dig it.
    Will probably be more reliable and cheaper to work on (I'm looking at you $20K?? GTR tranny change).

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant