Thread: WTB: NA 1.8L dipstick, sun visor screw

Suspension Modder

Default WTB: NA 1.8L dipstick, sun visor screw

Howdy all,

I've recently become the owner of a 96M, but she's got a handful of flaws. The first is that the driver's side sun visor rattles around because it's missing one mounting screw. Mazda charges $4.xx for a replacement and will have to order it. The second is that the yellow plastic dipstick handle broke off at the base, making it a messy PITA to check the oil.

I don't have time to scrounge the boneyards for these little pieces, so I'm hoping that someone out there has some spares laying around.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris W. 96M Miata :)

Quote Originally Posted by carguychris View Post
    Howdy all,

I've recently become the owner of a 96M, but she's got a handful of flaws. The first is that the driver's side sun visor rattles around because it's missing one mounting screw. Mazda charges $4.xx for a replacement and will have to order it.
    Take the other bolt out and head to your nearest Ace hardware... they will most likely have it or at least something the same size and thread. Be sure and ask one of the guys there to help you... they can find it in minutes where it might take you much longer.

Being as you are in Dallas, definitely go to Elliots... they will certainly have it...

Don't go to Lowe's or Home Depot... they only pretend to carry odd size shape bolts and nuts...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

The dealer is the best place for the dip stick. They are <$20. Any used one is prone to break soon anyways as they get brittle with age.

I agree on the bolt for the sun visor. Elliot's or True Value Hardware.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by carguychris View Post
    The first is that the driver's side sun visor rattles around because it's missing one mounting screw. Mazda charges $4.xx for a replacement and will have to order it.
    In the meantime, pull the other screw out and enjoy newfound ability to see traffic lights.

Seriously. I've pulled the visors from my '96 M permanently. I find the better visibility all the time makes up for the once-in-a-while need for a visor. Plus with the visor down, I can barely see out... But I'm keeping the screws, because they're used to attach the covers for the holes in the trim.
    '96 M-edition

That reminds me to get my damn dipstick ordered. I could order a 2nd, if a 96 is the same a 99. PM me.