Thread: WRC on HD Theater starting Oct 4!!

Default WRC on HD Theater starting Oct 4!!

Set your DVRs folks... the World Rally Championship is coming back to TV in High Definition! Discovery HD Theater will be broadcasting 1 hour highlight shows from the 2009 World Rally Championship starting at 8pm on Sunday, October 4th.

Oh, and you, Speed Channel!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Dang sparky, you and wrx74 must be on the same frequency.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I am so stoked about this....unfortunately I don't get Discovery HD. :'( I'd be more than happy to supply any fellow rally enthusiast willing to open up their home once a month with whatever alcoholic beverage(s) he or she wishes. Barring that, how about a Monthly Miata WRC meet at any sports bar showing the greatest spectacle in motorsports today. Hopefully it means they'll be easier to find online and I can download them.

Was fortunate enough to get both Petter Solberg's and Seb Loeb's autograph a few years ago at the Rally De Mexico.

GO! PETTER! GO!
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

I live somewhat near you, have HD, and have a HD DVR. We may be able to work out some sort of viewing party.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I live somewhat near you, have HD, and have a HD DVR. We may be able to work out some sort of viewing party.

Hmm, Nevada eh. FM 35 to 548 has a turn or two worth taking, I'm listening...
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

I'm open to the idea for a trip to the Mexican Rally next year.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    I'm open to the idea for a trip to the Mexican Rally next year.

Chris

IIRC 08 was supposed to be the last year for the Mexican rally so we can go to Mexico and we can have a 'rally' but don't expect any official racing to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_R...#2009_Calendar
    Last edited by duffman692002; 09-24-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    04 MSM-mostly stock

Yay!! Watching now, afternoon booked.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

its on. Yipee!!!

too bad its not HD. HDTheaterphale.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

How was it? Hopefully I can track down a torrent fo these.
    04 MSM-mostly stock

Not bad. It wasn't in 1080p, but it was still a pretty good highlight show. I would have liked to see more long in-car camera sequences, but not bad overall.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Not bad. It wasn't in 1080p, but it was still a pretty good highlight show. I would have liked to see more long in-car camera sequences, but not bad overall.
    +1.

Anybody know if the UK version is longer or is it also cutdown to 1 hour with commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by duffman692002 View Post
    IIRC 08 was supposed to be the last year for the Mexican rally so we can go to Mexico and we can have a 'rally' but don't expect any official racing to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_R...#2009_Calendar
    It's on the Calender for March:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Wo...ionship_season

Looks like a 14 hour drive from Austin:
    http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result.php?...uato,%20mexico

If we could get enough people it would probably be best to charter a bus and have some people that can speak fluent Spanish.

Chris