Thread: Owie

Driver

Default Owie

Track was dry, but the runoffs were soaking at HHR. This was the result.

Don't chicken out on turn 6 boys.

And go off straight.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

who's car?

Driver

Dunno. Was just there yesterday when I stopped by. Apparently they chickened out in turn 6 and went off on the inside, rolling 2.5 times. No real tissue damage other than a banged up arm. The car had a hoop and harnesses, but the pillars looked like they held up just fine. The only thing I could see that was salvageable was the passengers seat. The drivers had a sticky brown stain (j/k -- but the car's fux0red).

Ouch.

I would've figured that was in 8 or 9.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That'll buff right out.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Wow, I guess it was a Member day.

We didn't have any issues on Saturday when the actual track was wet. Well, a couple people went muddin but no flips.

Glad no one was hurt.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I saw two cars flip at the track, both the same way. Each went off in a turn with the wheels locked. Front wheel digs in and mud builds up. Once the momentum takes the car upward it flips.

Off track excursion + rain = SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN

We had a student flip his Boxster at TWS. It had rained for three days prior to the TDE event. In a CCW direction, he had issues into T6, heading toward T7 and yawed back inside the track and flipped in a low lying area that had yet to dry up. Surprisingly, the A pillar held for the driver and only so-so for the passenger. No one hurt, but the car was totalled. (at least last word I got)

This is why I track a $1500 market value car.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    This is why I track a $1500 market value car.
    don't even want the think about the non market value under the hook if my car is flipped at the track

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    don't even want the think about the non market value under the hook if my car is flipped at the track
    I don't want to think about the calories I would expand transferring all my crap to a new tub.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I was there visiting with a crew from Boxstoberfest when it happened, track was dry and he was the only car out there at the time. I didn't see him run off the track but I was watching some of his earlier laps and it looked like he was trying to push it way beyond his abilities. Bo (track mgr) said the kid f'd up plain and simple. It was the first rollover at H2.

The kids first words "can you take the roll bar out before insurance see's this?" Good luck re-staging that accident scene somewhere else.
    Last edited by wingnut2u; 11-03-2009 at 08:15 AM.

The rule is simple:

Don't race it unless you can afford to walk away from it.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!