Thread: 2009 Fall Boston Mountain Tour - Eureka Springs, AR

Suspension Modder

Default 2009 Fall Boston Mountain Tour - Eureka Springs, AR

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=724876 - Original Thread

Planning is well underway for the sixth semi-annual all-day S2000/MX5 tour through the Arkansas Boston Mountains. Weather permitting, this will begin on Saturday, November 7th at the Comfort Inn in Eureka Springs. After an exhausting, but fun day of driving, we'll finish up in Ozark, AR at Rivertowne BBQ. The date is firm so mark your calendars for November 7th and stay tuned for many more details!

At the beginning of the tour, each driver will be given a detailed morning and afternoon route which includes a stop for lunch in between. The route will be selected to travel over some of Arkansas' best S roads! In the event that the chances of rain exceed 50% for our scheduled date, the Fall BMT09 will be postponed until the scheduled rain date which is the following Saturday, November 14th.

We'd like to get an idea of how many of you plan on attending so we can make reservations for lunch and dinner. So, please post your thoughts/interest here! This tour will be limited to 50 cars.

Hotel Info:
    For those who wish to drive in the night before, we do have a block of rooms set aside at the Comfort Inn for Friday, November 6th. Sorry, there's no special group discount this time, but there is a 10% discount available for those with memberships such as AAA, AARP and for government employees. The standard rates are $79 for two queen beds and $89 for one king bed. To reserve a room in our block, you must call 479-253-5241 and specify "BMT" by October 6th. After October 6th, any rooms in our block not claimed will be released back into general inventory.

On Saturday, November 7th, BMT09 registration/sign-in will take place in a room at the Comfort Inn (exact place to be determined and announced later). Registration will open at 8:15 a.m.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested, there will be a large group driving up from the DFW area. Here is the info on us.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=727903 - Original Thread

K folks, the Arkansas Boston Mountain Tour is coming up on Nov. 7.

It's a pretty good haul to even get to the starting point in Eureka Springs, so a few of us are taking the entire Friday off work in order to enjoy some good roads on the way there. We're going to be on primarily back twisty roads for ~450 miles. Essentially we want to do our best to make it to Eureka Springs before dark, which will be around 5:40pm that day. That will enable us to hang out and meet people, still get to bed at a decent hour, and be rested for Saturday. So if everyone has to stop to pee every 30 minutes, you may get left behind or we may have to re-route to boring roads a little later in the day to make up time.

Here's the tentative plan: (More specific details will be posted here closer to the event)

We will leave from McKinney, TX on Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 around 8AM.

We'll head NE most likely through Paris, TX and up into OK. We'll enjoy the Talimena Scenic Drive and work our way up through Ft. Smith. Sorry guys from last year...there will be absolutely no tunnel run on this trip. I even have an aftermarket exhaust this year, but there are mountain roads to be driven!) From there we have a few great options on getting to Eureka Springs. Please don't ask me to post a route...isn't gonna happen, but I'll have maps that day for everyone. There will be some private route discussion though, so let me know if you have any comments or recommendations.

Reply with your name, car, & color if you want to come along so I know what to expect and everyone knows who's who. So far from the main BMT thread, we should have a good group. Also, if you live anywhere else and want to meet up along the way, we can do that.

DISCLAIMER: This route is purely planned via Google maps and will not be pre-driven, so I have no idea of the condition of any of these roads. Hopefully they'll all be smooth and construction-free. I will do my best to consult people who can verify their condition though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I never really get any feedback from the Mx5 forums, but im always happy to post to invite all of you on the best driving roads I've ever been on. There are some guys coming up from Dripping Springs in the Viper that would love to have some Austinites tag along. The tour is very well planned, with maps, 2-ways, restaurant/hotel reservations, and several guides marked throughout the group.

Do yourself a favor drive the Miatas like they're meant to be driven!

Default Boston Mtn. Tour

We live in Mt. Home Arkansas (100 miles from Eureka Springs) and would like to join your group for the tour. We are Joe and Fran Schmidt and have an '03 Shinsen Version Titanium Gray. We won't be needing accommodations and will meet you at the start of the tour. We'll also try to get a few of Miata owner friends to join us for the fun and will advise accordingly. See y'all there!

Suspension Modder

hey Joe!

I remember you from the last trip in the fall. Im glad you're going to tag along again!

We had a great time too! Eureka Springs is the best attraction in Arkansas; you picked a good venue this time.

Just checking to see if there is any more info on the Eureka Springs meet. Where will you folks gather, where is lunch, etc.? Are you combining the ride with the S2000 club? Joe Schmidt, Arkansas