Thread: Most realistic?

Default Most realistic?

Of the games available for PS3, which would you consider the most realistic simulation, or at least most valuable for learning lines?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

the only sim on PS3 is NASCAR 09 so you have to wait for GT5

Nfs: Shift sadly is the closest you will get to a sim and it's 1/2 an arcade racer. grid is more sim but you can only drive the cars they give you and there is no tuning, same with dirt 2.

http://www.gamefly.com/RentalMediaTi...Size=15&page=1

Any of the GranTurismo series, hands down.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Any of the GranTurismo series, hands down.

Chris
    you need a ps2 to play them, can't play ps2 games on a ps3 unless you bot the $600 lunch version in the first 6 months of release.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    you need a ps2 to play them, can't play ps2 games on a ps3 unless you bot the $600 lunch version in the first 6 months of release.
    I was at a pawn shop in Garland (30 and Beltline) a few weeks ago, and they had about 40 PS2s for sale... All were priced at $50, included controllers and power cord, and could be tested on site before you bought them.

Driver

For the PC, the one that has felt most like driving for real has been LiveForSpeed: http://www.lfs.net/

IMHO Forza, looking forward to #3
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

For PS3, check out Formula 1 Championship Edition.

Default GT vs NFS:Shift... tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    IMHO Forza, looking forward to #3
    Psssssst. Forza is only on xBox...

I have a PS3, and in addition to "arcade" type driving games like EA NASCAR, one F1 game and one IndyCar game, I have these three that I'd consider more driving simulators:
    • GranTurismo 4
    • GranTurismo 5 Prologue
    • Need For Speed: Shift
    I like them all. It's hard to beat the GT series, and like everyone, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the full version of GT5 to come out. There are a ton of real tracks -- including the famous Nurburgring -- and the driving dynamics seem pretty good.

The NFS series has been mostly arcade games up to this latest version, NFS:Shift, which is surprisingly more of a true simulator. The nice thing about NFS:Shift is the damage modeling. Crash your car, and you "feel" it, and you even see things like cracked windshields and buckled front hoods. The interface is a little arcade-like, with all kinds of splashy graphics and noises, but once you get into the car, the dynamics seem good. And you can customize the heck out of your cars -- both mechanically and visually (in the GT series, all you can do is pick from a few different paint colors) -- so that can be mildly entertaining.

So if I was only buying one, which would it be? Because of the damage modeling, and the fact that I can drive a Porsche Cayman and a Porsche GT3RS in NFS:Shift, I'd probably get that one. But I'd also put money aside to buy GT5 when it finally comes out (I expect that sometime in 2015 or so... ).
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Cool. Thanks. I'll have to check out the Indy games. I picked-up GT5 Prologue at a pawns shop for $20!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    ...I'll have to check out the Indy games...
    The Indy Car game I have is the worst game (not just the worst driving game) that I own. Avoid it. Or better yet, buy mine.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)