Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apex 1.7 CW MSR 10/10/09

Default Apex 1.7 CW MSR 10/10/09

Anyone here going to this? I heard the 1.7 is alotta fun clockwise.

Driver

It is fun that way, rattlesnake is 1 million times easier CW than CCW.

Here's a video from when I did it that direction in December: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2EdNMO126k (I posted 5 others, but they're pretty boring and I certainly don't guarantee my lines )

I'll be out there instructing. And yeah, the 1.7 is a lot of fun CW.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

tws 10/9/09, $50+ cheaper and more on track time.

Advanced and solo drivers only... plus travel expenses.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    tws 10/9/09, $50+ cheaper and more on track time.
    That is a Friday. With the current economy I'm not asking for a day off.

I don't think I can make it this time but I am looking at the APEX 11/7/09 date on the 1.3 for sure.
    Would be great to seem some Miata's there. Looks like our tech with the Mustang GT and or prosthetist with a new SS Camaro will be there on the 7th.
    Last edited by CarCar; 10-02-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Jeffman, I didn't realize that was the Friday before TWS. I thought TWS was this Saturday. I would've liked to try TWS but have never been on that track and don't feel comfortable trying to keep up with all those FI cars out there while learning the line. I'm sure you, CarCar, smartmx-5 and Johnwag will have lots of fun out there.

Hey CarCar is that the same Mustang that lost a bet to you awhile back? Both he and the Camaro are gonna be falling behind you at the track.

So altian you instructing the Nov 1.3 as well? Which one is more fun? I can't afford both events.

I'll probably be out at the 1.3 as well. I haven't decided for certain yet.

They're both fun. I like the 1.7 better, but that's just me.

TWS is an awesome track. It's one of my favorites. However, it's not a good track for beginners, as there are seriously high speeds (my underpowered RX-8 will hit almost 130 on the front straight), tough transitions, and lots of stuff to hit if you go off.
    Iain

Yep, same guy. We're getting along a little more civil lately. He is drag racer not a road enthusiast but he is pretty excited about it. The Camaro buddy is like me, he just wants to go fast somewhere and have some fun without getting tickets. Yep, he has the wrong car but he is real happy getting out of a base Cobalt. I think it will be a fun weekend to have guys I work with playing.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

It will be my first time at tws and I'll be taking it slow. i just like being able to run when i want rather then being told when i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Jeffman, I didn't realize that was the Friday before TWS. I thought TWS was this Saturday. I would've liked to try TWS but have never been on that track and don't feel comfortable trying to keep up with all those FI cars out there while learning the line. I'm sure you, CarCar, smartmx-5 and Johnwag will have lots of fun out there.

Hey CarCar is that the same Mustang that lost a bet to you awhile back? Both he and the Camaro are gonna be falling behind you at the track.

So altian you instructing the Nov 1.3 as well? Which one is more fun? I can't afford both events.
    you do realize that half the cars going are naturally aspirated right? not that it'll convince you to go, but just wanted to set the record straight.
    plus there's so much track time, and will be so few people there that you would be able to drive by yourself the whole time if you wanted.

It seems like it's going to be very competitive and if it were closer to home I would probably come out to watch. However, I know mine and my car's limitations and I don't feel comfortable with it. I hope ya'll have a great and safe event and I look forward to the pics and vids.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    you do realize that half the cars going are naturally aspirated right? not that it'll convince you to go, but just wanted to set the record straight.
    plus there's so much track time, and will be so few people there that you would be able to drive by yourself the whole time if you wanted.
    You might have had better luck getting the attention of normally aspirated owners if the event thread title was something other than "FI miata development in tx!". I suspect many glanced right over it thinking that they were not welcome.

I'd run that but I'm running TWS and Apex still doesn't have me checked off for solo for some reason...although I've run solo 3x with them.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I'd run that but I'm running TWS and Apex still doesn't have me checked off for solo for some reason...although I've run solo 3x with them.
    just email them and tell them you want to be solo approved. they will say prove it, you will say what you have ran and they will approve you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    You might have had better luck getting the attention of normally aspirated owners if the event thread title was something other than "FI miata development in tx!". I suspect many glanced right over it thinking that they were not welcome.
    well i started the thread after reading about how fast the turbo miata's in cali. have gotten over the past year due to the miata challenge. and i have a turbo miata, but someone asked about N/A cars, so why not. we can just use the system that emilio developed for classing. plus it's supposed to be fun and educational, although some guys are doing a little benchracing, it's all in fun. lastly, and i can't seem to say this enough, we didn't rent the track out. it's a TWS open track day. there might be a porsche gt3, lambo. gallardo, and a couple vettes, and american iron race cars there getting practice for all i know. so, everybody is welcome. only diff is, us miata guys will keep track of our lap times for our own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    it's a TWS open track day. there might be a porsche gt3, lambo. gallardo, and a couple vettes, and american iron race cars there getting practice for all i know. so, everybody is welcome. only diff is, us miata guys will keep track of our lap times for our own purposes.
    I'll bring my hunting gear, lol. Well, I'll probably get stomped, but I've been looking forward to a mixed track event in my car for a long, long time.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Default Msr 1.7 cw

For those of you who have done MSR 1.7 clockwise, what corners are the "watch-out" corners going this direction? I'm going out to a Maverick PCA DE this weekend, and I've never done MSR clockwise. Any tips, pointers, advice is much appreciated!

Oh, and how do you pull off YouTube Videos? I want to copy this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOte99p-qa8) to my PC and then get it into my iPod so I can watch it a bunch of times. I just like knowing the course a little better before going out. This worked very well for me the first time at Eagles Canyon...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Horseshoe is downhill and off camber. There is a tendency to overshoot this because of the speed you carry through from Big Bend, Tombstone, and Boot Hill.

Wagon Wheel has a bad dip that can unsettle the car on exit.

Ricochet can be taken a lot faster then you will take it the first couple of times. But be cautious. The worker station is not in the greatest place for a run off.

Wagon Wheel is another downhill dive.

Rattlesnake is easier in this direction.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Horseshoe is downhill and...
    Thanks very much ken o!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast