Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lemons Race

Default 2010 Lemons Race

Ok, I'm new to DFW; both the forum & city itself. Some of you may have seen the Silver Convertible Mini at Autocross events; that's me. I may be selling her in the Spring and getting a Miata, but that's another thread altogether.

Due to the recent move, I was unable to help out with our team's (Eau Rude) car, so I was relegated to pit crew/radio chief during the race. Now I'm hooked, but the rest of the team (& car) are back in Ohio. Info on us @ http://lemonsrace.com/

Thus, I finally reach the point of this post... Who is interested in getting a car and doin' the lemons thing this June 5-6 in Dallas?

First welcome to Texas! Thanks for racing for Autism. I teach kids with severe autism everyday.

Check out the Team Miagra thread. You may find a few people to join you in this venture. I just don't have the time and am too slow on the track.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Welcome to the area and here on the forum. We have one team on here but there's been talk of starting a second team at the Wednesday nite get-togethers. C'mon out to one of them and meet some people. They usually post the info in the impromptu events section. Cool Lemons website. It looks like your team will miss you.

I'm in for sure, both finacially and time wise. Just let me know. I have summers off, one of the many perks working for a school district!

Good luck, y'all. It's a ton of work, but a ton of fun!!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Got a buddy with a 85 300zx f/s for 200 bucks. We just need to find a cheap car'b v8. He's on the look out he said. I got a place to store the car and also some equipment. Just gotta find someone thats good at fab work.

Or just pick up a running car for less then 500 and strip the hell out of it.

Default Potential

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    Got a buddy with a 85 300zx f/s for 200 bucks. We just need to find a cheap car'b v8. He's on the look out he said. I got a place to store the car and also some equipment. Just gotta find someone thats good at fab work.
    That has potential. Anything that can be sold from the car (seats, radio etc) can be used against the $500 cap. Thus, if we can find a V8 for $650 or less, the 300zx would be kick arse!

Is this Wed (11/11) at Keller's a good time to meet? The sooner we get a team & car assembled the better.

Talking

Just Keep in mind the 300 will need to be an automatic for Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Just Keep in mind the 300 will need to be an automatic for Ben.

Now thats thinking with your dipstick!!! Hahaha

Default Interest

I just returned from the Fabtech exhibition in Chicago. I only mention that to impress upon everyone that I have fabrication contacts (read: help us make and/or fix stuff cheap). Just sayin'.

Anyway, I hope to meet with whoever's even remotely interested at Kellers soon. I may be able to sneak away tonight. Otherwise, it'll need to be next week sometime.

How was the turnout this year at FabTech? Vegas last year was sad.

Is it going to be a big year for Salvagnini?

I might be interested in getting involved in a team, and even could offer a fairly well equipped shop for the build, but it wouldn't be for the 2010 Lemons season. I need to finish my own project cars before I take on a team project car.

How was the turnout this year at FabTech? Vegas last year was sad.

Is it going to be a big year for Salvagnini?
    Turnout was fair. Salvagnini had a GREAT show, as our new fiber laser caused quite a stir. We should have a good year, despite the lackluster economy.

Uh, how did you connect me to Salvagnini? Have we met? I'm struggling to reverse-engineering the "POS Racing" screen name.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Uh, how did you connect me to Salvagnini? Have we met? I'm struggling to reverse-engineering the "POS Racing" screen name.
    I think we have meet your name looked familiar but FabTech is what rattled my memory! Heck how many folks have ever heard of the FabTech show!

Then with a little help from Google I figured it all out!

I am Mick Harrison Jr. I own this place - www.harrisonindustrial.com

I think we have meet your name looked familiar but FabTech is what rattled my memory! Heck how many folks have ever heard of the FabTech show!

Then with a little help from Google I figured it all out!

I am Mick Harrison Jr. I own this place - www.harrisonindustrial.com

Fix your site!

When running IE it pops up the JAVA warning about wanting to needing an older version of JAVA repeatedly. I had to close IE via Task Manager.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Fix your site!

When running IE it pops up the JAVA warning about wanting to needing an older version of JAVA repeatedly. I had to close IE via Task Manager.
    Thanks for the info!

The site really does need a redo...... I'll talk to myself about it.

I know a guy who can provide a Yugo if somebody else can put in/finance a cage for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast