Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDE December 5 & 6 MSR?

Driver

I did this same event last year. We had the heat on full blast, coats, gloves and the windows down. It was buuuuuuurrrrr.

Go to a ski shop and get some burton glove liners. They have grippy stuff on the glove, are warm and give you good feel. About $20 a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    I did this same event last year. We had the heat on full blast, coats, gloves and the windows down. It was buuuuuuurrrrr.

Go to a ski shop and get some burton glove liners. They have grippy stuff on the glove, are warm and give you good feel. About $20 a pair.
    I like your style.

Brrr it was cold and no grip.
    Best lap today 2:27
    M3 is always the answer.

Ken,
    I saw you out there chasing a blue C6. I went out there for a few hours as a spectator and then gave a student a check ride in the red run group where I saw you chasing the C6. Later it looked like you were leaving, so I did not flag you down. Looked good on the track!
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Ken,
    I saw you out there chasing a blue C6. I went out there for a few hours as a spectator and then gave a student a check ride in the red run group where I saw you chasing the C6. Later it looked like you were leaving, so I did not flag you down. Looked good on the track!
    Alan
    Ken was giving me a ride that last red session. That boy can drive! I went out after riding with him and dropped 5 seconds off my lap time. Still almost 11 seconds slower than Ken @ 2:38.4, but having fun.

Sorry I missed you out there, Alan.

Ben, I looked for you but didn't see you. I'll look harder tomorrow.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Ken,
    Alan
    The blue C6 was quick and the 550 HP 991 with the x50 package was quick. Had fun playing tag all day. Might not make it tomorrow.
    M3 is always the answer.

Two things come to mind after watching that video:

1. BMW M3 is fast.
    2. Ken makes it faster.

Nice video and cool telemetry.

I like the two black stripes, pre-apex in Ricochet. lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Brrr it was cold and no grip.
    Best lap today 2:27
    Probably could've been a 2:25 if you'd used all the track in Ricochet and Tombstone - you didn't carry enough speed through either corner.

Looks like you had fun! I'm impressed at how fast you hustle that big M3 around.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Probably could've been a 2:25 if you'd used all the track in Ricochet and Tombstone - you didn't carry enough speed through either corner.

Looks like you had fun! I'm impressed at how fast you hustle that big M3 around.
    I am impressed with the grip Ken gets from his (IIRC) Nittos!!

that was an impressive video for sure. Nice job out there. You really make it look easy. I am really looking forward to next season and hope to get out to MSR to see what the my little baby can do out there. She is such fun to drive.
    2006 Limited Edition, Ohlin's DFV, Cosworth, Full RS exhaust w/ Q muffler, RP-F1 w/ Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/40ZR17, Goodwin double hoop roll bar w/ removable rear brace, Mazdaspeed Front bumper cover, AEM AFR, AEM water/methanol injection, (Cosworth built 2.0L w/ all forged internals and head and cams on its way). Permagrin fully intact.

Looks cool but cost is prohibitive around the Christmas holidays.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

I got another 4 seconds off my best lap time. As you can see from the video I had poopy lines in a lot of the corners. Not nearly as pretty a lap as Ken posted. In other slower laps I had much better lines. Go figure? This was a super fun session going back and fourth with the green Elise. The fastest laps were when he was setting the pace though. He'd lead for a couple of laps then give me the pass and I'd lead for a couple. Neither of us could drop the other one. That's when it's really fun to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Xa_5J5PGE

Hey I think you went off in front of me on the last session...white supercharged minin?

This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.
    I know the lines look a little strange but it was wet and the lines were working...for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    Hey I think you went off in front of me on the last session...white supercharged minin?
    Nope, wasn't me. The white mini is Aaron's. I have a silver Miata. I did however go off in the second to last session in the red group. Dang it got slick. I'll post that video in a bit. Should be entertaining. All in all great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MINI-P View Post
    Nope, wasn't me. The white mini is Aaron's. I have a silver Miata. I did however go off in the second to last session in the red group. Dang it got slick. I'll post that video in a bit. Should be entertaining. All in all great weekend.
    Oh ok, I just saw your U/N and assumed. Were you in the supercharged gray miata?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast