Thread: Does anyone know any stormchasers?

Default Does anyone know any stormchasers?

I need to find a storm chaser to help my brother collect data for his Tornado Detector... I know its sounds iffy, but my brother is a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and has a patent on this thing, he just needs to collect some field data. Anyone?

Thanks,
    Chris

Not anymore... I used to be very active in those things until I took my current job...

Maybe Tailchaser does since he's another ham (and an amateur radio operator)...

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I know a couple that report back to the station's meteorologist... I'll ask them!
    If this doesn't work out I work with someone that does that kind of crazy thing. And to think I make sure my car is in the garage when there is a chance of hail.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

i do. he works for channel 5

rich

I'm always running from the storm my wife creates
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I'm always running from the storm my wife creates
    I'll be here all week..try the veal! :P

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Did the computer geeks run all the hams out from under the bridge @ Ross Ave on 1st Saturdays? That used to belong to ham radio operators!

Suggest he start looking for SKYWARN stickers on mobile antenna farms.

Find the driver and just ask for help. Just about every town has an amateur radio club that participates in Skywarn.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

In the Metroplex, try the National Weather Service. Ask for a guy by the name of Gary... he's in charge of the severe weather unit and trains the skywarn folks. The NWS is located in Fort Worth.

The number we have is private and we're not allowed to give it out. However, if you try information, they do have a public line for info.