Thread: Miatas at Laguna April 10-11

Default Miatas at Laguna April 10-11

Thought I would post this link for the event out at Laguna Seca in case there can be away for you to go to the event. I am still thinking about since driving on it last year.

http://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/index.php

Laguna should be on your bucket list before you die!

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Yea I saw this on Goodwin's site. Are you going Gary? Is it a Miata only venue? And speaking of Miata only will there be another TDR Miata event in spring of 2010?

The info on the link says miata only. Sounds interesting and the the only draw back (other than the distance to get there) seems to be just four 20 minutes sessions per day (unless I'm reading that wrong).

The schedule seems very tight, 20 minutes sessions w/no time between them. I'm sure they got it down though.

$250 a day for that run time seems steep, by like Gary mentioned, it could be a bucket list kind of thing and thus worth it.

92db limit (I need to work on that), roll bars required, self inspection, etc.

The date really work for me (as of now anyway) and I'm likely going to be going if all the planets line up.

Caravan anyone?

Edit: Ok, I did mis-read, it's 5 session per day. Much better...
    Last edited by SixAce; 12-24-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: reading comprehension 101 failure

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

wonder if we can get some miata challenge action while we are there. show them cali boys how it's done.

I am interested! However, I have to see my $$$ situation at the end of January first. I hope that is not too late to pull the trigger! I am keeping my fingers crossed that my $ works out. By the way, are they having grouping depending on the drivers' skill level and experience of the track? I hate to have an on-track incident and can not bring the car home with such a long-distance commute! NAILS and TRICKYRIX, are you going?
    Gabriel

I don't know at this time.

I'm not sure yet either. If you can swing it, I highly recommend making the trip at least once. While you're out there, you have to work in a run up the PCH. Some of the scenery between Santa Barbara and Monterey is truly amazing.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'd love to do this but you are looking at nearly $2k for anyone from Texas after you figure gas and lodging there and back on top of the entry fee.

Maybe one day.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I'd love to do this but you are looking at nearly $2k for anyone from Texas after you figure gas and lodging there and back on top of the entry fee.

Maybe one day.
    I pegged this trip at 4200 miles - going the long way there and back. Including the day at the track, I averaged over 25 mpg, but let's say 25. At $2.75/gal (CA prices???), that's $462 for gas. Add in the $250 track day and you're up to $712. If you figure two hotel nights each going and coming, plus one while you're there (5 nights), that'll add another $500.

Grand total so far: $1,212

If you spend $800 on food, you're doing it wrong...

Money's not necessarily the enemy here, but time is...

I got lucky since I had places to crash in New Mexico and LA, and I really only had to take two days off of work. However, if you can spare a few more days from work, and if you don't mind going a little Iron Man on the thing, you can do this "on the cheap" (ahem). Drive through LA, cruise up the PCH, gawk at Big Sur, enjoy the Club Roadster kids, run hot laps at Laguna Seca, etc etc etc...

What's not to love?
    Last edited by trickyrix; 12-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

I'd be doin' motel 6 for shower days and camp the others. Five dollar foot long subways work as two meals with a cooler in the car. I could make that trip well under 2k but time is the factor as Rick said. I have no intentions of bull dogging it there or back like Juano Tejano did. It would be an 8-day trip minimum probably longer if I visit friends or family.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    ... you have to work in a run up the PCH. Some of the scenery between Santa Barbara and Monterey is truly amazing.
    I would call that down, not up from Monterey. Probably any part of the coastline is a great drive. I've done most of it - Seattle to Morro Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I would call that down, not up from Monterey.
    I call "up" north from Santa Barbara to Monterey...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    wonder if we can get some miata challenge action while we are there. show them cali boys how it's done.
    yeah, we can show them how to take Dallas to the cleaners.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!