Thread: window tint/ inspection

Default window tint/ inspection

ok first off i know this is the wrong section and 2nd i know this my get locked up in a few ..but need to ask..3rd sorry for the crapy wording and spelling

ok first off i bought my 06 malibu from the dealer used as is sell..the inspection was still current when i drove away last year.. and now its time for new inspection sticker.. my grlfriend went to a place close to home everything pass emissions except the window tint,(was already on the car when i drove off the honda lot)..the guy told my gf that either i can remove it (NOPE IM NOT) and come back get my sticker free of charge since i took care of what i needed to....or i can go place to place and ask if my tint to dark and get turned down..you can walk at least 15ft away and see straight through the windows when they are up...i know she got stiffed at this tires shop (c and m tires)

longer story short dose anybody on here have a friend that will over the window tint..thats the only thing holding me up getting my sticker..

if so plzzz pm info..im kinda
    Last edited by 1.8-M; 01-06-2010 at 06:33 PM.

What did he say?

what did who say????me? i said sorry for the miss spelling and crapy wording

if its me
    pretty much i need a sticker for my 06 malibu, wont pass due to the window tint that was already on the car when i bought it

Since when did they start inspecting window tint? Did he have a meter?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I have tint darker than legal. I just get it inspected with the top and windows down. Now that it has been noted that wont work with you. You could try again at the place and make sure they are actually measuring it and not just guessing. Ask for the boss.

radio
    yea my girlfriend said they did put a meter on the window and it said 11% and the guy told her that legal tint percentage is 20%+

majik the inspection is for my 06 chevy malibu (i have 2 cars).i think ima go up there tomorrow and talk to the boss anywas..they given me 15 days to take care of it..i like i stated i dont want to peel off the tint my very last case i will and get it retinted little lighter.

i also think since my grl went up there they just wanted to rip someone off..bc in my past cars iv never had the window tested. and one place let me go wit a lug nut missing on 2 wheels..lol

GUYS DONT GO TO C AND M TIRES AND WHEELS off campbell and 75 (utd area)

Power windows?

If so, roll windows down, pull window fuse, reinspect.

Last I checked, you do not need functional side windows to pass inspection.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

cool thanks black
    yea power windows, well i guess i can try that..goin up there in the freezeing cold with windows down may look fishy..lol

http://www.pitchengine.com/glassdoct...-sept-1/24296/
    Last edited by 1.8-M; 01-06-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Yes, If the tint is less then %20 they can not legally pass it on inspection. Also if a cop really wants to be an ass he can check the tint during a traffic stop and write you an additional ticket if its less then 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Yes, If the tint is less then %20 they can not legally pass it on inspection. Also if a cop really wants to be an ass he can check the tint during a traffic stop and write you an additional ticket if its less then 20%.
    Which some cops DO care about if you are a younger driver.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Power windows?

If so, roll windows down, pull window fuse, reinspect.
    This is what I do twice a year!

You might also try Tejas Automotive on Audelia, just north of Walnut Hill.

BTW, I've also heard of some shops failing Miatas for having non-airbag steering wheels. Mine passed just fine at Tejas. I'm just sayin'.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

rolling the window down and pulling the fuse doesn't fly, ive had that pulled on me before and if the cant check it they cant pass it. depends on where you are i may know someone to do it for you
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

srry i havent reply been busy here..

dark shadow
    well money is short and i really cant afford spending the cash at another place, not unless ur guy can somehow not charge me
    since i have the paper valid for 15 days for the shop my girlfriend went to..i think ima just peel off the tint and go back to the same shop and get my sticker..

plus my girl drives the car more then i do. i know the tint is dark my grl has problems seening early in the morning, and at night