Thread: Changes to NTXAS autocross events

Default Changes to NTXAS autocross events

I just wanted to announce a few changes to the North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS) events that will help ensure our using the preferred venues and help things run a little smoother.

The primary change is the event entry fees. Instead of a flat $30 fee for all venues, we are now charging $25 for Mineral Wells events, $30 for Pennington Field events, and $35 for the TMS Bus Lot and Lone Star Park events. This was needed to cover the cost of higher priced venues. Please consider that we are the only autocross club in DFW that does not require an annual membership fee.

I am excited to announce that we will honor the 2010 SCCA Annual Tech Program. We will have a copy of the list of annual tech recipients from the SCCA, so if you participate in the SCCA's Annual Tech Program, then you just need to obtain a tech sticker at each event from the tech personnel without presenting your car or waiting in line. As an annual tech participant, if it is found that you knowingly competed in a non-compliant vehicle, then your annual tech status may be revoked and future annual tech privileges may be suspended. There is more information at http://www.autocross.com/tr/modules/...ndex.php?id=47.

We seem to experience more timing issues at each event with persons that are allowed to register and pay at the site rather than pre-register on DLB Racing. For this reason, we will be much more stringent on not allowing persons to register and pay at the site. You must pre-register for each event.

We can no longer allow refunds for missed events. If you miss an event, then we will credit your fee to the next event, but we cannot credit your fee beyond that.

Please contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com if you have any questions or concerns.

Driver

$25-35 for 8 runs?

Don't see a problem there

We should offer an annual tech for this club at event #1 or maybe winter event 2 since lots of people don't race with SCCA.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    We should offer an annual tech for this club at event #1 or maybe winter event 2 since lots of people don't race with SCCA.
    There are no plans for that this season.

I think you can do the SCCA annual tech without being a member. The prerequisite is that you ran 5 events with SCCA in 2009, but it says experienced drivers may request a waiver.

Who is eligible?
    • To be eligible for Annual Tech for the 2010 season, you must have participated in a minimum of five (5) Texas Region SCCA Solo events in 2009 – a list of those eligible will be available from the Chief of Tech. Experienced competitors not meeting this requirement may request a waiver from the Chief of Tech, which may be granted at the Chief’s discretion.
    • A copy of the SCCA Solo Rules will not be required by Texas Region for annual tech, however it’s strongly recommended that members familiarize themselves with those provisions in the SR related to vehicle safety. As stated in 4.1.B of the 2010 SR, ignorance of the Solo Rules will not be accepted during any adjudication of event operations or vehicle compliance. The Solo Rules may be downloaded from the SCCA Solo web site, and a limited number of copies will be available for purchase during annual tech.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

BTW, in regards to the following rule of SCCA annual tech:

To be eligible for Annual Tech for the 2010 season, you must have participated in a minimum of five (5) Texas Region SCCA Solo events in 2009
    If you do not meet this requirement, but you have been a regular at S2000 AX events, then contact me for possible exclusion from this requriement.

We seem to experience more timing issues at each event with persons that are allowed to register and pay at the site rather than pre-register on DLB Racing. For this reason, we will be much more stringent on not allowing persons to register and pay at the site. You must pre-register for each event.

Great changes Jerret, I would be happy to second the point about onsite registrations.

I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.