Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have jury duty.

Default I have jury duty.

So I was looking at the list of thigs you cant bring and some of them make you wonder has this been tried before.

• Club-including blackjack, nightstick, mace, hatchet that may cause bodily injury
    • Explosive weapon-any explosive or incendiary bomb, grenade, rocket, or mine that may cause bodily injury or noise that may result in public alarm. (grenade or rocket...really?)
    • Firearm of any kind.
    • Firearm silencer of any kind.
    • Handgun of any kind.
    • Knife: any knife with a blade over two inches (per verbal agreement in court) in length and any other hand instrument designed to cut or stab, dagger, dirk, stiletto, poniard, Bowie knife, sword, spear or switchblade (both automatic or gravity).
    • Knuckles (any).
    • Stun gun
    • Hoax weapon: an item that appears to be a prohibited weapon.
    • Chemical dispensing device.
    • Any recording device.
    • Any camera with the exception of a camera phone.
    • Any other item that is unnecessary for the normal conduct of county business that could reasonably be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrx804 View Post
    So I was looking at the list of thigs you cant bring and some of them make you wonder has this been tried before.

• Knuckles (any).
    So do you have to cut your hands off before you show up? Will they do it for you when you get to court?

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    So do you have to cut your hands off before you show up? Will they do it for you when you get to court?
    I think they will leave your palms but yea knuckels have to go

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i don't see anything about chainsaws or nunchucks

Just tell them about your felony conviction and you won't have to show up. :)
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

DARN...why did i go with the good lawyer...he got it down to misdemeanor

Just curious.... were you actually planning to take any of the items on that list?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Just curious.... were you actually planning to take any of the items on that list?
    Nope, but i just found it kinda stupid they had to post it online, common sense would tell you your not supposed to being a rocket anywhere public....right? lol

Hoax weapon: an item that appears to be a prohibited weapon.
    So much for fun.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

I always lol at that. For a while you could not take a pineapple on the plane either.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Just tell them you cannot wait to make someone pay.
    M3 is always the answer.

Nope, but i just found it kinda stupid they had to post it online, common sense would tell you your not supposed to being a rocket anywhere public....right? lol
    Yup... but sadly sense isn't very common these days...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I accidentally got into the state fair with a pocket knife a couple of years ago. It doubled as my money clip.

My mom had a nail file in her purse that the TSA flagged and took away from her a few years ago, but they missed the key chain knife that she took on the plane without even realizing until she landed.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Heh. I once attempted to board a plane in Gillette, WY with ANFO on my boots and a bunch of strange electronic bits in my luggage. I made a lot of new friends that day. One of the occupational hazards of working around mining and blasting equipment.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Makes you wonder what happens in our justice system if they don't want recording devices in the courtroom.

As for the security theater... er... TSA... They are generally OK, but sometimes you run into a true ass. I had a pair of blunt nose scissors in a grooming kit that they confiscated. They were clearly on the allowed list but jackass threatened to detain me if I didn't shut up and move on.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

• Any recording device.

So much for bringing my iPhone.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Am I the only one that looks forward to conducting his civic duty and enjoy jury duty?

I've sat there all day just to watch proceedings after I wasn't selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Am I the only one that looks forward to conducting his civic duty and enjoy jury duty?

I've sat there all day just to watch proceedings after I wasn't selected.

Actually this is my first time to go :P

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Nope... I do to. I sat on the Jury both times I was called when I lived in California but have been passed over twice since living in TX.

I served on a jury when I lived in Dallas county for a violent robbery and assault case. I really enjoyed seeing how the procedings take place, plus the added benefit of laying down the terrible anvil of justice at the end.

I was the youngest guy on the jury (21 or 22 I think) and was one of the more technically savy. I caught a bunch of subtle details on teh crime tape that everyone missed, and afterwards had a bunch of much older more successful people respectfully asking my opinions on things, it was cool.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast