Thread: *SOLD* 96 M-Edition, 94k Miles, $4000 obo

Default *SOLD* 96 M-Edition, 94k Miles, $4000 obo

---SOLD---

I've decided to sell my miata. I haven't driven it but a few days in the last few months. I either ride the train or drive my wrx. I bought the miata to be a commuter to and from work and as a secondary car, but with a kiddo that's still in a car seat it's not really a reliable option. Anyway, on to the car,

It's a 96 M-edition, Starlight Blue Mica (best miata color imo)
    94,172 on the clock.

As far as maintenance, I've changed the oil at 5k intervals from when I bought it with 78k on the od. The water pump went out at around 80k, the previous owner only replaced the timing belt at 60, so the timing belt and water pump were replaced again at around 80.

It's not as stock as it once was. I was planning on keeping it for a while so I did what I wanted and thought would look good. I imagine if it were still stock I could ask for a thousand more and probably get it. So, don't get too angry with me. I'll put up the pics then go through what it has.

Ok. Bad stuff first.

As you can see in one of the pictures the clear plastic in the soft top was torn in two places. It was extremely cold one morning and my dad (when carpooling to work), decided to force it down. I heard a loud pop, then went and bought some clear duck tape. It hadn't really bothered me enough to replace it as I usually drive with the top down.

As it is now, the front passenger wheel bearing needs to be replaced. It hums and groans but when you make a left turn it goes away. I haven't had the time to replace it and when I was still commuting with it in the fall it didn't really bother me enough. Now, I'm trying to finish up school and don't want to spend extra money if I don't have too. I was planning on keeping her until after I graduated, but now I don't plan on doing that. After I graduate I'll buy a car with a backseat (unfortunately).

Also shown in the picture is the different tread on the passenger rear tire. Turns out firestones are open on Sundays but no one else is. It's a firehawk or something. The rest are Azenis. They are getting low but recently passed inspection. The tire went flat over the course of about a day and I received a notification from the police about having cars out of inspection sitting on the road. I bought a new tire and had it inspected the next day. It drives fine as is, but you probably want to replace one tire so there is a matching set in the rear.

The last thing I can think of is that the lock on the passenger door sticks. The car has the port installed alarm system with remote door locks but the passenger side won't unlock automatically. You have to put the key in and turn while lifting on the handle. Not a big deal but I don't want to forget anything.

Onto the Good stuff.

The pictures should outline what parts are on there. I know that what I payed won't be returned and I new that when I bought the parts. Some of the stuff has value and some is rare so I list it out and you can make up your mind.

RS Watanabe wheels, 14x6
    Boss Frog Roll Bar (The tall version)
    Ultrashield Racing Seat mounted on a custom welded bracket (I'm 6'4" and am at rollbar level)
    AAC Flushmount Headlamps
    Ratsback Carbon fiber lip
    Racing Beat Sport Springs
    Racing Beat Intake
    "Eunos" Rear finish panel
    Nakamichi cd-400 headunit, 24bit DAC, one of the better head units you can buy for under 1k.
    Soundstream Van Gogh 400.2 amp, again very good amp
    Focal KPS Component Speakers, very good speakers
    M Edition so it has LSD

I believe the 96 also had one of the lower compression stock pistons making it suitable for slightly more boost than other years.

It's been a good car. I really don't want to sell it, but it doesn't make sense to keep it. Oh and I still have most of the stock stuff. I need to pick up the stock driver's seat from a friends garage but I have the stock headlights (minus the drivers lid) and stock turn signals.

$4k obo. Please send a pm and you can come by for a test drive. Also if you have any questions.

I live in Allen, 75002 btw. I'll give it a week or so on here then on to autotrader.

-David
    Last edited by mk_slayr; 03-12-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Sold

Hey it's me David from CR.net.....I'm talking to my friend about it and she's very interested. We're crunching #s now :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Just a bit of advise. If it were me I would at least re-install the items that made the 96M unique like the wheels and drivers seat. I would also re-install the rear finish panel so the whole car is one color. Other than that I would spend some time cleaning it up as most people base the overall condition of a car on the appearance. If the car looks like it has been neglected then it probably has been.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

^I appreciate the advice,

I'm trying to get the stock seat now, I let a friend use it who is now in panama. The seat is in his uncles garage in arlington so I'm trying to get a hold of them. I bought it with some nasty plastic coated metal wheels, it never had the oem enkies. I think I sold the finish panel about a year ago if I recall correctly. If it had all the stock parts, I would be asking for a bit more. As is, I don't think it's too bad of a price for a 1.8 w lsd rear with under 100k miles.

I'm parting a 96M so if the new owner is interested in the missing parts, have him contact me. I have the wheels, finish panel, seats, door lock actuator, trunk carpet, etc

I'll see what it needs :) I'll have her contact ya when she gets it.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Very interested text or call 817-715-8900.

Ummm how about I buy the stock wheels from Abel and you give me the Wats, sound like a good trade? If you want I will buy the headlights from him and trade you for the ones you have on there.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Let me see if I can get this car bought...the buyer here is ready to get it right now as soon as I get a PM reply on one of the forums I sent one on. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ARTech View Post
    I'm parting a 96M so if the new owner is interested in the missing parts, have him contact me. I have the wheels, finish panel, seats, door lock actuator, trunk carpet, etc
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Pm replied. I'll drop it off at TDR today for them to look over.

consider it sold :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

^Yep sold.

I'll start pulling parts off this weekend and begin another thread with the part-out.