Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MME Does it in the Dirt - 10/18

Default MME Does it in the Dirt - 10/18

So we all know there are some new & old mountain bikers in the mix here.

Pending upset of the rain gods, I propose we meet next Sunday, 10/18 at Boulder Park (just south of Dallas Executive Airport/Redbird) for some dirt church at 9 a.m. Hopefully that'll be late enough that someone else has cleared the spider webs. If the rain gods are angered, we'll have to reschedule or pick another venue.

Come show off your skills (or lack thereof). If, like me, you have no skills, just bleed a lot. It cleanses the soul.

Link goes to trail description, status and location
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Count me in for dirt church (pending rain god approval).
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Ah, bad week for me, folks coming in to town.

In like Flynn
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

That's my usual weekend venue so I'll probably see you there.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    That's my usual weekend venue so I'll probably see you there.
    Yeah, but it might not be dry enough to ride by then. That place seems to hold water like crazy, especially the lower back section. And as we know from the last time we rode out there, a week or so ago, how muddy it can get back there. We'll have to keep a look out on DORBA for trail conditions.

In the interest of appeasing the clearly angered rain gods (and making sure you don't make other plans), here's my somewhat less dirty plan B.

Depart Big Lots at 15th & Independence in Plano at 8:00 am. Ride downtown via Meandering Way, Edgemere, Turtle Creek, et al, visit the fountains at Victory Plaza and return home via a breakfast stop at La Madeline SMU. We'll be back around noon. Nice social paced ride. Depending on who's coming, I'll pick an appropriate bike to ride. Total distance is around 42 miles. Traffic on Sunday morning is near zero.
    Last edited by tailchaser; 10-14-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Where is 15th and Indy?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Where is 15th and Indy?
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&...,0.005595&z=18

Sorry for my shorthand... 15th & Independence in Plano

Hmm I'm not one for concrete so you guys have fun.

Good news: We just closed an order for several cold-weather spec machines to be delivered to northern Quebec.

Bad news: We get to work Saturdays for awhile to finish cold weather documentation for the machines we just sold. I've got stuff to do around the house, so now that my weekend has been halved I'm out.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

40+ miles is a little much for me
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Well fark plan B then, ya =^..^='s. I guess I'll just be out for a standard 45 mile at 20+ mph Sunday thing if that #*$(* trails don't dry out.

Sorry, I too am a dirt-only guy these days. No road bike=no road rides. The gearing would drive me crazy! If the weather works-out, I'll do the trail ride.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I hate to say it but there is little to no chance that Boulder or any other trail for that matter will be dry by the weekend. Hell last time I went to Boulder it was muddy-ish and it hadn't rained in over a week.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

My plan A is still Titus demos at BCWT, but I'm game for plan B.

Nice scenery on the Katy Trail if you can work that into the route.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    My plan A is still Titus demos at BCWT, but I'm game for plan B.

Nice scenery on the Katy Trail if you can work that into the route.
    You bike whore! Man you don't even have 100 miles on your new bike and you are already cheating on it

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    You bike whore! Man you don't even have 100 miles on your new bike and you are already cheating on it
    I fail to see anything wrong with that...

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Hey, I'm not the one whose rear hub seized at mile 87. Still waiting on a warranty replacement, going on two weeks now. I've got needs, too...

Driver
    Blog Entries

Anyone up for Saturday 11/7 at RCP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast