Thread: ALG Residual Value

Default ALG Residual Value

Anybody know where one could find the ALG Residual Value listing on the internet for free?

Default Re: ALG Residual Value

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Anybody know where one could find the ALG Residual Value listing on the internet for free?
    Hmmm.. don't think I can help. Knowing where it is would probably require I know WHAT it is, and frankly, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Hmmm.. don't think I can help. Knowing where it is would probably require I know WHAT it is, and frankly, I have no idea.
    It's a listing showing what residual values are on Leases. It can be very helpful to know this information up front.
    Residual Value

The value of your car at the end of your lease is called the Residual Value. In the example above, the Residual Value at the end of three years was $10,000. When creating your lease, the leasing company predicts how much the car will be worth at the end of your lease. They do this by using industry guidebooks like the Automotive Leasing Guide (ALG) that track the value of cars at the end of their lease. Not every company uses ALG - some set their own residual prices based on their own needs.

The higher the projected residual at the end of your lease, the lower your monthly payment.

If you consider that your largest portion of a payment is the depreciation, then it is important to know how depreciation is calculated. The formula is very simple, but always starts with understanding what term you will be considering (36 months, 48 months, etc.) If you already know the residual value, the term of the lease, and the capitalized cost, you are ready to calculate your depreciation. Once you have these values in hand, the math is simple:

Capitalized Cost minus Residual divided by Lease Term.

Take a look at this example:

Factors

Capitalized Cost $25,000
    Residual Value $10,000
    Term 36 Months
    Depreciation per Month $416.66
    Let's apply this formula to the above factors:

Capitalized Cost ($25,000) minus Residual ($10,000) = $15,000
    $15,000 is the total amount of depreciation over a three year period. Now simply do this:

Divide (total amount of depreciation) $15,000 by Term of Lease (36 months) = $416.66 per month

Cool! Still can't help you.

Well hopefully you learned something today!

Well hopefully you learned something today!
    Youuuuuuuuuu Betcha!

cheap bastard....

http://leasecompare.com used to provide accurate/current residual values