Thread: My Na will finally arrive in Tx on 7/1/10 Woohoo !!!

Default My Na will finally arrive in Tx on 7/1/10 Woohoo !!!

My parents will be arriving in Tx on July 1st with my Na, And the rest of my belongings I wasn't able to bring with me when I moved from Md last year. First thing I am doing is Changing the oil an adding new gas. (I added Stabil before it was stored). I'm so excited I really don't care if I get the other stuff I've been dying to get the NA here lol ! Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the Bedford Area to get my Texas State Inspection done ?

Last edited by Tom95YJ; 06-13-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added pics

Most inspection shops are the same. They either pass it or not. Now if there are some that are not good, that is what you'd like to know.

Congrats on the ride coming soon.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Most inspection shops are the same. They either pass it or not. Now if there are some that are not good, that is what you'd like to know.

Congrats on the ride coming soon.
    Thats exactly what Im looking for a Good shop I'd like to stay way from the ones that are not that good. The only problems the Na has are the Driverside Regulator is on it way out, The previous owner hit a pothole and bent a lip on one of the wheels, and finally the door locks do not match the ignition key. There all easy fixes I plan on getting wheels for it soon anyway

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What year is it? If it's a '90-'95 (OBDI), it will have to pass a 'sniffer' test along with the other tests (lights, horn, tires, brakes, etc). They will put the car on a dyno type drum and actually run up the rev's with the sniffer in the exhaust.

If it's a '96 or '97 they will just plug in their computer to the OBDII port instead of using the sniffer.

Clean looking car.....enjoy!

It's a 95 so she'll get the rollers I'll have to get a temp inspection plate and run it for a week or so . Since its was in storage for a Year before got it from a friend then I stored it a week later when I moved here

For years, I've taken all my cars to Quick Sticker at the corner of Hurstview and Bedford Euless Rd. in Hurst. No hassles, no pushing of any unnecessary repairs. Just make sure your wiper blades, lights etc...are all good before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    For years, I've taken all my cars to Quick Sticker at the corner of Hurstview and Bedford Euless Rd. in Hurst. No hassles, no pushing of any unnecessary repairs. Just make sure your wiper blades, lights etc...are all good before you go.
    I miss the days of BAM! inspections. "Here is a list of things you should take care of before next year in case you don't get me."

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I agree I also have been to Quick Sticker a few times.

Thank's I'll have to check them out

Put a bottle of RXP in it and Run it a bit on the freeway to get the Cat hot.
    also set the timing at 10* if you did the bump.

get at 'Zone etc.

I'm finally reunited with my Na I hope to have it threw Tx inspection and Tagged by tuesday here's the most recent pics as of today She still needs a bath lots of tree sap and bird crap on her

Last edited by Tom95YJ; 07-02-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: resized pics

Nice!
    My kid worked in the Goodyear in Bedford. It was a good shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Nice!
    My kid worked in the Goodyear in Bedford. It was a good shop.

Was, or still is a good shop ? They seem to be busy when I pass coming home from work everyday