Thread: Defnder Head and Neck Restraint - $400 SOLD

Default Defnder Head and Neck Restraint - $400 SOLD

If you're looking to go W2W racing you'll have to have one of these.

Unit is in excellent shape. Will include the carrying case, and everything needed to use this with your helmet. Posts, anchors, the little tools, etc...

Here's my review as compared with a Hans Carbon model:

I've used both the Hans carbon fiber model and obviously this and I really don't think one is superior to the other. They're both very well designed and are comfortable. The Hans was a tiny bit easier to get the belts on because the model I was using was slightly older and didn't have the raised edges on the shoulders. However, the newer versions of the Hans have the raised edges like the Defnder so both units require you to actually place the belts on the unit rather than just pulling a harness on like you would if you were not using a unit at all. Latching the system goes easily to the Defnder. The Hans was very frustrating trying to get the spring to work correctly and in fact after my 2nd rookie race at MSR Houston I found one side of the system came undone. (If I would have been in a crash it would have pretty much broke my neck. I'm not going to blame this on the Hans device because it may have been user error.) Visibility was excellent with both. Adjustability goes to the Defnder hands down. If you're slightly uncomfortable, if you change seat angles, if you want more side to side visibility, the Defnder wins that category every single time. Weight goes to the Hans although I've felt a sport model and it feels bulkier than the Defnder. While in the car and actually driving I really felt no difference between the two.

Located in Tyler, Tx.

If you want I can ship it, or just give me some gas money and it'll be an excuse to take my wife to the Cheesecake Factory! (it's about a 2.5 hour drive for us)

Pics:

Build date. There's no expiration date on these btw.

Good deal!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'm also needing a HardDog Harness bar, I will take trades + cash if that would help.

does this use different anchors than the HANS?

The unit has been sold.

John, yes they use different anchors. Personally I liked the Defnder a bit better than I did the Hans. It was a bit easier to get latched in.

The Defnder has a spring loaded pull cord that you just pull, then hook in the latch and let go of the cord. Reverse to disconnect. The Hans required you to line up the holes, push down, pull back, and release. It was almost a guessing game (not incredibly hard but the Defnder was just easier).