Thread: Fun at the range today

Default Fun at the range today

I took some friends from work to the range today.Neither of them have guns. We ducked out of the office at lunch. Anyway one of my friends took some cool videos of us.

These videos we were shooting my HD stuff, #4 buckshot, through my mossberg 88 and my NEF cheapo single shot. I noticed it had some more punch than the birdshot... and to my Russian friend's(who had never shot a shotgun before) dismay I had mixed up a box of 3 inch magnums in there. That's the second video where he gave up and handed it to me to finish up the box.

Lesson learned, I don't think i'll be buying any more 3 inch magnums for this light of a gun. The regular buckshot works fine for me.

We were also shooting my CZ 9mm and my new Ruger 10/22. My buddies are probably begging their wives right now to let them buy a gun, they had a hell of a time.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 06-24-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

That last video is pretty funny.

I have a buddy that used to shoot in pistol competitions that I keep meaning to go to the range with sometime. It looks fun... until someone shoots their eye out.

Which range was that?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That last video is pretty funny.

I have a buddy that used to shoot in pistol competitions that I keep meaning to go to the range with sometime. It looks fun... until someone shoots their eye out.
    Dallas Pistol Club holds competitions all the time. I just shot my first Glock and personal protection matches there over the last few months
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

This was at DFW Gun Club.

I usually go there if I want to shoot my Mossberg along with my CZ, most pistol ranges that I know of don't let you shoot shotguns, and Elm Fork's skeet and trap range have a mininum of 20" barrel, I have an 18.5". I really want to get a turkey barrel for this thing, because it seems usless to blow a static paper target in half at a pistol range with a shotgun.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Lol at the last vid. I have never shot rifles only pistols..

In guns Size does matter 9mm vs 44 mag

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I miss shooting guns. I used to do shooting competitions when I was a kid. I did pretty well too.

I love taking new people to the range it's tons of fun. Especially when they used to have an anti-gun lean.

Here some of my USPSA stuff. I'm going to do the Texas State Limited Championship on the weekend of the 10th this month Beats the hell of the square range.

I get a double feed somewhere around the 3 min mark on the one below.

This was just for fun when I went up and visited a buddy of mine stationed up there.
    Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 06-25-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

When I was younger and could see, I was a pretty good shot. I could shoot the ears off a chicken at 100 yards. Today, I have not so good eyes and have trouble hitting a cow at 10 yards.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67