Thread: Seats!!!

Default Seats!!!

I know this really isn't a go-fast mod, but dropping weight off the car should help that ever crucial hp/lb ratio...

Anyway, has anyone installed race buckets in their cars? i.e. Sparco, Corbeau, Recaro, or Bride? Not that many people other than SM guys seem to do so, but I am looking for someone who has installed these seats on their street cars (for use on the track or for autox) for recommendations on fit as well as attachment (i.e. rails or direct bolt-on).

Any thoughts?

TIA,
    Rich

I use a Sparco Sprint from time to time for racing events. I put this page up years ago detailing the process.

One of these days I'm going to have to update it, though. I changed the rail design about two years ago (eliminated the need for the cross braces by making one rail out of 2" width steel instead of the 1.25" listed there), but I've been too lazy to update the page.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Altiain...quick question...

In that pic, does the Hardcore sit pretty much the same with the stock seat as in those pics?? I am still trying to decide between HC or sport (being 6'2", this is critical) & those are the only direct side pics ive seen with a hardcore.

Edit: crap, you drive an NB... any idea how close the NB & NAs interiors are, with respect to the roll bar/headrest position??
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I'am running Momo T-Frames in my 91. We actually installed these using the factory Miata seat rails. So they are still adjustable instead of fixed position. Only had to redrill two holes in the rails to mount them.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

T-Frame is a good choice because you can spread the seats tubing a little wider or even squeeze it in some to fit you body and is easy to install.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com