2 5.71%
  • I like feeling frustrated and over-moderated

9 25.71%
  • Cheese.

18 51.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Why do I even bother going to M.net

Default Why do I even bother going to M.net

Whenever I'm interested in buying something on ebay I email prior customers and ask for their input on how well an item worked, has it held up, do they like it. Doing such, I met Jake, a fellow Miata enthusiast in Florida who happens to show up on M.net from time to time. We had talked about the disintegrated plastic window rollers that aren't available from mazda at one point, and he said he thought he could cut them out of teflon on a lathe... and sure enough he can. He started selling them on ebay for $25, but sent me a set for a very nominal fee+ shipping back in May. I was stoked, and I appreciated the gesture. I finally got around to installing them, and my windows actually roll like butter. As a gesture of thanks I made a thread thanking him on the NA boards

"Finally got the window guide rollers I bought from Jake (Miata_B_Racing) installed. The write up in the garage section was perfect. I am sooo happy, my windows roll up and down with ease now..... now it just needs to cool down so I can turn off the A/C and drop the top again...."

Look today and it was locked... kinda peeves me because to the best of my understanding of the rules (yeah, i do read the rules at forums) I didn't break any rules... closest I can think of is "promoting your (non sponsor) business" but it wasn't my business... and was more of a positive review?!?!?

Guess we can't talk about Ebay, Auto Zone, or any Mazda Dealers on there unless it is to complain?

UGHHH.... Every time I go/ post there it seems that I am reminded why I don't go there more often

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...16#post4688816
    Last edited by sxk122; 08-03-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: addition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They're a "for profit" website and flipping the bird in the sig file doesn't help Miata_B_racing's case. He's not even a supporting member.

I don't visit that site much anymore either. The mods aren't consistent and the nc related threads are a total mess now. I'll check "for sale", "track", and "southwest" once in awhile still.

I think he is as miffed as I am, i didn't know he had already been in disagreement with mnet mods. There was a whole thread at one point about these little roller things, and trying to use off the shelf closet track rollers among other things... I can't find the entire thread anymore.

That notwithstanding, the thread was locked without any comment to me, the original author. To the best of my understanding, my post broke no rules, and really, no question of sale was risen until a moderator did so.....

It probably isn't helping that I had a long crappy day to begin with, so I am extra cantankerous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I rarley post on M.net but I do read the post I also goto ClubRoadster quite a bit . I've seen that M.net is starting to go down hill over the past year Ive been lurking their site

You left out the part where it's fun to rile them up by posting common sense in their threads...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Been a long while since I've even lurked over there. There is a reason...
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

What is M.net? Is it the pointy board? ?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Chassis Designer miata_B_racing's Avatar

They all have really big heads on that side of the miata fence. I have more cool stuff to offer
    those willing to just listen and learn a little before they judge me...

Still way better over here - Ahhhhh green grass !
    Teflon Window guide Kits for the Miata Nation -

Welcome aboard!!!

I'm a bit less pissy today, but still a bit miffed. You'll find it a bit more relaxed here, although we can be a bit crass.

Plus, alot of people are 's..... I went to go to Keller's last night for the meet, only to learn everyone decided to go to Hooters because it has A/C.... pshhhh (j/k)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]