Thread: Lost my ContourHD 1080P camera this weekend.

Default Lost my ContourHD 1080P camera this weekend.

Well I lost it. I was riding the motorcycle all day around Glenn Rose/Dinosaur Valley. I'm pretty sure I got some good video on that ride. Unfortunately the Flat Surface mount broke and the camera went with it. So there is a 17 mile stretch where I last saw the camera that I scowered for 5+ hours searching for it without any luck.

So after giving up, I thought I'd call VholdR/Contour and let them know what happened. To my suprise they told me about an issue with early releases of the product asked me to take a picture of what was left from the mount and promptly set it up to send me a new camera. I should be getting the new one next week.

I just thought I'd give out some good props to a stand by your product company. I would have been happy if I was just able to talk them into letting me buy one at half price. But they didn't even miss a step and did the right thing.
    Blah blah blah!

Good to hear they are standing by their product and sending you a new one . I was about to get one of those. I'm giving this little key chain video camera thing a shot right now that has been getting good reviews over on Sport-Touring.net
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I'm giving this little key chain video camera thing a shot right now that has been getting good reviews over on Sport-Touring.net
    I've got three of those, been using them for RC planes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1E7t761iKw
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I've got three of those, been using them for RC planes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1E7t761iKw
    how did you mount them ? Did ya use servo tape ? Ive been thinking about getting one for my slash and my wifes slash when we run at mikes hobbyshop

Quote Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
    how did you mount them ? Did ya use servo tape ? Ive been thinking about getting one for my slash and my wifes slash when we run at mikes hobbyshop
    Velcro. Keeping it simple

I'm going to try them out on top of my live cameras since I don't have a method of recording on the ground right now.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

You needed some good luck for a change..........

Wow! Excellent turn of good luck... now you have to go back down to Glen Rose and recapture that lost video.

What a shame.

Be sure you stop at the Koffee Kup in Hico for a piece of pie to fortify your guts. :)
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by VFR750 View Post
    You needed some good luck for a change..........
    Your telling me. I was quite suprised with their generous offer

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Be sure you stop at the Koffee Kup in Hico for a piece of pie to fortify your guts. :)
    I did make it to the Kup had the banana blue berry pie

The crust was rock hard though
    Blah blah blah!

That is excellent customer service. Nice to hear of a company that is standing behind their product.

Dude? Mike, next time your in the neighborhood, you need to give us a shout! Took AJ on the baby Tail of the Dragon on 51 and 64 yesterday. You were minutes away...
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

Mike that's great to hear.

Monkey, cool video. Now I see the fun you have with your planes.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Dude? Mike, next time your in the neighborhood, you need to give us a shout! Took AJ on the baby Tail of the Dragon on 51 and 64 yesterday. You were minutes away...
    Believe me the thought crossed my mind. If I was by myself I would have, but I was riding with a few others friends.
    Blah blah blah!

No worries... plenty of room here, you and your friends are always welcome. Cheers!
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.