Thread: TMS event question

Default TMS event question

my friend has been telling me about seeing autocross events in the TMS parking lot the past few weekends as hes comming back from riding motocross and me and him are interested in going.

my biggest questions are:
    what is the schedual for the TMS events?
    how much is it to race?
    what are the requirements?

i drive my 97 miata and he has his S2000... it would be nice to have friendly competition between us, especially since it would be our first event if we were able to go

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Click on 'AutoX Calendar' on top of the page. There are several different groups that host AX events in the area.

Another great place to look to find information and pricing as well as who here is going to attend is at the following link -> http://www.dfwmiata.com/forumdisplay...tocross-Events

I think the BMW AX in September is the last one at TMS this season. They are a fun and loose group, so give them a try.

It was you want take a drive out to Mineral Wells, then check out the NTAXS event in September. The guy who runs it is a little bit of an a$$, but it will be a long and fun course with a little room to really blow out the carbon.

Oh, yeah, the SCCA will have an event in the TMS infield road course in October, but you have to have three prior events (with any club) under your belt in order to attend.

Also www.autocross.com has a ton of info. From the homepage drop down menu click on "getting started" for some first timer tips. If you and your buddy want to race in the same class you must be in either the Novice or Street Tire class. Hope to see you out there!
    "Dammit, H. I. - the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocer." - Gale Smolts

You can race together in the same class at the BMW and NTAXS events by running your Miata "up" one class, with the S2000. You'd be out-gunned by the other cars, but it lets you go against your buddy. since you're both new to the sport, I wouldn't worry about being competitive in your class anyway, since that'll take some practice. As danzo pointed out, many groups also have a "novice" class, where you can run any car against the other novices.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I would disagree with running a Miata in the S2000 class at NTAXS events. The S2000 class is for S2000's. I am sure he really doesn't care about being in the same class, he just wants to compare times. The same run group would be good, times on the TMS bus lot can change a lot between heats.

I didn't mean that he could run with the s2k's, but that he and his buddy could run in class 2 together. Sorry for the confusion.

I totally understand that S2K drivers do not want to risk allowing a cheaper, faster, more maneuverable car into their class and beating them all.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I have enough problems trying to keep up with the S2000's built to no rules, in a B-stock S2000. I don't need no stinking CSP/STR Miata's in the class.