Thread: Dog bites man (not man bites dog)

Chassis Designer

Default Dog bites man (not man bites dog)

Moderator's note - this topic was split off from this original thread to keep that topic focused on the event it pertains to.

don't know if i can make it yet, i might be getting rabies shots that day (i got dog bit this weekend, yee haw)
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Quote Originally Posted by bio243
    don't know if I can make it yet, I might be getting rabies shots that day (I got dog bit this weekend, yee haw)
    Ouch... sorry to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by bio243
    don't know if I can make it yet, I might be getting rabies shots that day (I got dog bit this weekend, yee haw)
    YUCK!

Hope you were able to catch the dog to get it tested.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

It's hard for them to run away once you've shot/beaten them to death.

I hope you find the dog and the owner. The dog so it can be tested and taken from the owner. The owner, who would be short one dog and a few $100gs for pain and suffering if it were me. Or they could serve some time in jail to remind them that they must control their animals...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Chassis Designer

lol, i just noticed the title of this topic "bitten by love", fitting. the deal with the dog is this: he was my brother's dog, he didn't really intend to bite me, (just snap his teeth, he had a bad habit of that) and i already put him down. the bad part about that was i wasn't thinking very clearly and i shot it in the head, so you can't test it for rabies now. so the shots are mostly just precautionary, but it would really suck to die of rabies cause you didn't think you needed the shots, right? but as soon as i find out when i have to take them (it's a series of 12 shots administered 3 at a time) i'll let you know if i can make it...in the meantime i've got 7 stitches in my face i have to get taken out. thanks for the concern though.
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

So the dog didnt mean to bite you, and you shot it?

I was with you until I got to "shot it in the head."

*eep*

S.

Boyz, if the dog is biting someone in the face, particularly someone he knows (it was his brother's dog), it needs to go to a happier place.

I'm a long time pet owner. I've showed Shetland Sheepdogs in both confirmation and obedience trials, and I currently own a wonderful Cairn Terrier named Rufus. But a "biter" can't be tolerated. Despite Bio's comment that "he didn't really intend to bite me", that comment was followed by "he had a bad habit of that".

This time the dog hurt a family member. Next time it gets out and mauls a small child. You cannot take that chance, and that's why the law is pretty harsh on rogue animals. I'm not sure I could have shot it myself (my previous post notwithstanding), but I certainly would have taken it to the Humane Society to be... processed. Sorry Fluffy, but ya gotta go.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I actually agree that biting dogs should be put down, it was the whole image of pulling out a pistol and doing it onself that seemed, uh, very manly.

S.

I guess it depends on the situation. I picked up my older dog once, and I guess I got her funny, she snapped and caught my cheek. She has never shown any other violence before, and she grew up with my little brother, so I guess that time, it was more my fault of hurting her. If a dog just bit for no reason, I guess I can kinda see your point, but I have never been around a dog like that.

Chassis Designer

couple of notes. i didn't really enjoy putting the dog down. i'm an avid hunter, but it's way different to have to put down a pet. not fun. but kestrel's exactly right, i'm glad it was me this time, but what if it would have been a small child or my fiance or another guest that goes down the family ranch (where the dog stayed). it's too much of a liability to have a dog that has demostrated any willingness to bite, attempt to bite or anything of the sort. no i don't think the dog really intended to bite me but the point remains it did. so you do what you have to do. and just for the record it was a .22 rifle, not a pistol. (i was squirrel hunting)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    When I was a kid, my nose was ripped off by a dog.
    Question - How did you smell?

Answer - Awful! :P

(I'm an animal lover, just trying to lighten things up a bit)