Thread: Yea UPS! Brake Pads for the POSIV!

Thumbs up Yea UPS! Brake Pads for the POSIV!

Looks I got a little project this weekend!

Cheater pads!

i was wondering if i was the only one using them.
    95 r white

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Woo Hoo
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I had no idea Pabst was branching into brakes... guess that helps put a "stop" to drunk driving??
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Project ended up costing me a bit more my rear rotors were toast..... So I got some new ones from Napa!

Also why would this pad crack??

New pads were even labeled! Nice touch.

Would hitting it with cold water while hot cause that crack?

Never seen that before; not that I've seen a lot of pads though.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What was wrong with the rotors? Still $20 each for new ones? Were those old brake pads on the car when you bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    What was wrong with the rotors? Still $20 each for new ones? Were those old brake pads on the car when you bought it?
    The old rotors were below minimum recommended thickness and tapered so they couldn't be turned. Yep $21.00 IIRC. I had put a set of new "mazda value" pads on it when I resurrected the car.

Isn't these are the Axxis Ultimate pads? PBR is the one that make the Axxis brand from Australia. If these are the Axxis Ultimate, they are good for AX. For track under repeated braking and high temp, the deposit on the rotors becomes uneven and gives you pulsing pedal w/o the ABS. They are very good on the street. Just prepare a little more dust than the OEM. Not too bad if you wash your car every or every other week.
    Gabriel

I've got them on my 95 and used them at Hallet. I'm very impressed with them. I'll probably keep using them until a upgrade to bigger brakes. I got mine for $38 per axle, way better than $65-70ish for Hawks.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Isn't these are the Axxis Ultimate pads? Not too bad if you wash your car every or every other week.
    Yes they are! I wash the car at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    I've got them on my 95 and used them at Hallet. I'm very impressed with them. I'll probably keep using them until a upgrade to bigger brakes. I got mine for $38 per axle, way better than $65-70ish for Hawks.
    Yep I got them from Import Replacement Parts great TCB price!

IMHO they work much better than the busted worn out pads they replaced. As long as they are on the POSIII and POS washes the car before I drive it, I'm OK with extra dust.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    As long as they are on the POSIII and POS washes the car before I drive it, I'm OK with extra dust.
    SilverToy may not want me washing his car. The POSIV is the current car in the long line of POS.

Quick Review - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3310247

So far I am liking these pads a lot!

I thought General Default told you to not use that name on a previously nationally competitive car with which he is associated.