Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star BMWCCA Autocross in Paris, Texas, 10/16/10

Ok, im in.

15 now signed up! The event will NOT cancel. We need more cars though. You can't tell me that an 1 1/2 hours drive is too far to drive? COME ON!

Wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

+1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

If it wasn't 2 1/2 hours away I'd be in.

Driver

I live on the far north side of the metromess and google maps is reporting around 2 hours.

FWIW, it reports the drive to miserable hells as around the same distance. That drive takes roughly 90 minutes without traffic (so 90 minutes there and closer to 2 hours home depending on 183/114/121).

90 minutes tops from central Dallas.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Someone said they were going to have ice cream!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Looks like almost 6 hours round trip from Fort Worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Looks like almost 6 hours round trip from Fort Worth...
    Only 1 1/2 hours from where we live!

Now you understand why people on this side of the Metro about going to Mineral Wells!

Heck, I'm only going because Ken promised ice cream.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

DAMN!!!! my stupid alarm run out of batteries, sucks big time

so, how'd it go? Wish I could've made this one. New course, big X, a billion runs...
    Polished Turd Racing

Good times! 10 runs and home in time to see the game in progress (7th). Free ice cream @ the bbq joint during lunch break ftw. I'll post up a vid of my craptastic dorifto action later.

I liked that place! The surface is like Lincoln and Texas A&M, and it is in very good shape. Great grip! The town really wants us there, too.

There were only 20 drivers, so we each got 10 runs and shagging cones was not a big deal since there was so much time between cars and so few cars to begin with.

For lunch, the town provided us with a "trolley" (see pic) that took everyone to a great BBQ joint. Then, on the way back, we briefly stopped at the Eiffel Tower (see pic). It really was a unique AX experience.

Driving from Collins and I-30 in Arlington to the venue took two hours each way. I was traveling at 8 MPH over the limit, with a mimimum of 68. It is not really bad at all, although the I-30 canyon sucked a little on the way home.

I would go there again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

damn it!!! i wish i could wake up earlier

I think the GPS and MAP companies need to be fired for their time estimations... not including the human exaggeration factor above I live in Lewisville.. my GPS indicated 129 miles on a three hour tour and routed me through Mount Pleasant I believe, heading out down I-35 and then over to 635 and I 30 going east. BZZZZZZT! (edit... actual corrected route is 109 miles in 2 hrs from Lewisville, using HWY 121)

The directions from Steve H were great, and indeed, this is a 1.5 hour (or less) trip for people in the Richardson, Plano, The Colony/Frisco areas near 121. Less than that for Allen and Mckinney folks. I left fifteen minutes later than I wanted to at 5:30 am and arrived at 7:15 am driving in the dark, towing, and heading to someplace I had never been, not even knowing the speed limits half the time.... although I did hike it up to 75 mph plus on 82 after a guy hauling a horse trailer blew my doors off.

The surface has more grip than Mineral Wells... heck.. more than any place in the metroplex probably. Very little gravel, and what was there could be cleaned up with a functioning push broom (ours crapped the bed apparently while in use) and a city that rolled out the red carpet for us...

The trolley ride to town was fun....! and seeing the Eiffel tower was cool as well.
    I'm excited about going back!
    Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-23-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Any pics of this Paris conflagration? Wish I could have made it, sounds like a viable site. Should be able to make next Sunday's TMS event.
    "Dammit, H. I. - the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocer." - Gale Smolts

This might be a really good place to try a later-than-normal start time, so more people would make the drive without having to leave the house at 5 am. Just a thought. I'm hoping that NTAXS and BMW will team-up for a SAT/SUN back-to-back, thus making a hotel stay a viable option. Hotels are cheap in Paris, and reasonably plentiful.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    Any pics of this Paris conflagration? Wish I could have made it, sounds like a viable site. Should be able to make next Sunday's TMS event.
    Here ya go. This shows about 50% of the course..

[img]
    DSC00061 by Sixace, on Flickr[/img]

Here's the vid (stole the tower pic from Jerretts post ).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast