Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lone Star BMWCCA Autocross in Paris, Texas, 10/16/10

Default Paris

Thanks to everyone who made it out. Per the clubs chapter president we will be back at least once next year if not twice and as part of the regular auto-cross season.
    Thanks again.

So, what would people think about a 2011 Texas Region Divisional in Paris, TX??
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    I'm thinking I'd stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Here's the vid (stole the tower pic from Jerretts post ).

Nice run SixAce. Although, I think I puked about 4 times while watching the video...

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Looks like a nice site. I think there's a better chance of a good turnout for a two-day event out there like some others have said, considering that it's quite far for anyone on the FW side of the metroplex.

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    Nice run SixAce. Although, I think I puked about 4 times while watching the video...
    Yeah, happens all the time when experienced autocrossers watch my driving style. It's either puke or laugh. Sometimes both.

Pos would you come if it was at a different location?

I have not run at Paris yet, but it looks like a good site. The drive would be OK for me coming from McKinney. Lone Star Park would be a lot closer for the people coming from the south. I would be fine with a Div in Paris, but I think Lone Star Park may be a better location for more people.

No matter where you pick someone will not like the choice, Penn too small, Mineral Wells too hard on tires, Bus Lot no grip, Lone Star Park it's not flat and it's a long walk to the bath rooms.

The shakes are a killer. I couldn't watch it. Looks like good surface tho.

Looks like a nice site. I think there's a better chance of a good turnout for a two-day event out there like some others have said, considering that it's quite far for anyone on the FW side of the metroplex.
    Yeah I won't be showing up for a one day autox event there. I'd go if there were other things like a 2nd day of events. Or day and night autox.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Pos would you come if it was at a different location?
    Yes I would. If I can eliminate a hotel for a local divisional event that would be a plus to the old savings account.

Default Regional SCCA

I know the Chamber has told me they would roll out the red carpet to host that 2 day event. They are thrilled we are coming back twice next year as our regular schedule.

I'm excited about the site, but I'd be inclined to wait and see how it works-out before I commit to a divisional. Then again, it does seem like a great place for one, and the hotels are cheap out there. The fact that the town is so motivated about hosting is a real plus. You could certainly do worse.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I'm thinking I'd stay home.
    Fort Worthians have been spoiled for the last decade or so, as all of the DFW area autocross venues have been within 45 minutes of Fort Worth.. Undoubtedly, Fort Worth/Mansfield/Burleson/Arlington drivers that feel that driving more than an hour is too far, will decide they can't make it... however there are just as many (if not more!) drivers in the McKinney/Allen/Frisco/Plano area that have NOT been coming to events east of the mid cities area in the past to make up the difference.
    Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-23-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234