Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #8 @ TMS Road Course - 10/17/2010

Default SCCA Solo Event #8 @ TMS Road Course - 10/17/2010

SCCA's annual event on the infield TMS Road Course is on Sunday. This is not the Bus Lot or the oval, but the road course inside of the oval.

There are some restrictions, so please read the following from the SCCA Texas Region web site carefully. More info at http://www.autocross.com/tr.

As several of you know, the TMS SCCA Solo road course event is coming up. There is a very important restriction on this event! You must have participated in at least 3 prior autocross events. The 3 prior event requirement can be satisfied by not only attendance at an SCCA autocross but also any of the other local autocross clubs.
    You can find their schedules at www.dfwautocross.com

The reason for the experience restriction on the road course is for safety concerns. Not so much from a drivers perspective, but from a course workers perspective.

The road course event has historically been one of our biggest attendance draws. In years past many of the folks who attended the road course event hadn't attended any other events - ever. Because the venue is so large and spread out, the road course requires a very large number of course workers. With so many first timers in the worker pool, we weren't always able to structure the heats and work assignments so there were experienced people working all corners. This meant there were very inexperienced workers shagging cones & dodging cars, and more importantly making decisions about red flags.

We decided to enact the experience requirement as a way to minimize the risk of incurring a safety incident and protect the workers, drivers and the club.

After you register, don't be offended if one of our board members calls or emails you to verify your experience, though. If we don't recognize your name or can't find you in any recent local results, we'll be checking up to make sure you're eligible.

** One more important note about the Solo TMS road course event - This event will be ONLINE registration only! There will be NO “WALKUPS” allowed onsite!

Going to miss this event for the first time ever this year. Going to Apex on the 3.1 the following day, and "She Who Must Be Obeyed" sez one race per weekend now that we've got the kiddo.

Y'all have fun!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Remember, This event is Online Registration ONLY!

Not the typical situation for Texas Region events. But for this event "walk-up" registration will not be allowed!

(By the way, next year Texas Region SCCA will more than likely be using another online registartion service. More about that at the end of the season.)
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    (By the way, next year Texas Region SCCA will more than likely be using another online registartion service. More about that at the end of the season.)
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Registered and ready to go! The last 3 weekends were my 1st three events. This will make event #4.
    I ordered my new helmet this morning and I ordered my new Falken Azenis 615 tires today as well. I changed my spark plugs and solved my bogging issue I think.
    Now lets see if I can work on my driving skill. sigh...
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

I need a little help from the Miata community...

I'm trying to track down Neil Aggarwal. Neil drives a red NA or NB based on his ES class. I'm trying to verify his 3 event pre-requisite for the road course event. My emails to him are bouncing - looks like a pretty stout junk mail filter.

Neil if you're on this board please shoot me an email with links to your results so we can get you set up for the road course. matt dot lucas at corning dot com or solorx7 at verizon dot net
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Can't say as I've seen him at an event recently, but i'm not the most observant person on the planet...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Registered and ready to go! The last 3 weekends were my 1st three events. This will make event #4.
    I ordered my new helmet this morning and I ordered my new Falken Azenis 615 tires today as well. I changed my spark plugs and solved my bogging issue I think.
    Now lets see if I can work on my driving skill. sigh...
    just make sure you've scrubbed those new tires in well before the event. There is stuff to hit at the roadcourse..... and it ain't just cones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    just make sure you've scrubbed those new tires in well before the event. There is stuff to hit at the roadcourse..... and it ain't just cones.
    I should have a good 100 plus mile son them by then. Maybe I should do some donuts to help beat them in. hehe

So is this going to be on the road course? Or will it be coned off there? Or both?
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Driver

yep they put cones on the road course

Sample video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R0V1sEtSU4

Wow cool!

Yup! I'll be there! :)

Another reminder...

Registration for this event is ONLINE ONLY!

No walk-up registrations will be accepted!

Online registration will be kept open unitl Saturday at Noon.

Entry into the infield area at TMS will be at the South Tunnel ( Gate 8 ). The gate will open early at 7:00am so we can get a jump on the waiver sign-in process. You'll have to sign both a TMS waiver & the usual SCCA waiver.

Registration check-in & Tech will be open the normal time period of 7:30am to 8:30am.

Make sure you check to see if your name is on the registration list. The list will be taped to the side of the Timing Trailer. Please check you name off the list so we know you are actually at the site.

If you have a change that needs to be done to your class or car #, please let the folks in trailer doing registration know. Weekend Memberships can be taken care of there also.

Looks like great weather for this weekend.

We'll see ya there!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Well Onething my neighbor helped me and swapped out the tires on the POSIV so your off the hook for the AM tire swap!

McD's anyone??

Sounds good. Which one, and what time?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The McDs at 170 and I35 across from Cabellas sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    The McDs at 170 and I35 across from Cabellas sounds good to me.
    We frequented that on in the past but since it is also a truck stop we gave up on it.

We have been going to the one on Heritage Trace Parkway.

Map

Proposed Run/Work Order
    Run 1 / Work 3
    XP, AS, BM, BS, BSP, ESP, FM, GP, SM, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STR

Run 2 / Work 1
    CM, CS, DP, DS, EM, EP, ES, F125, FP, FSP, FSAE, T, W

Run 3 / Work 2
    AM, ASP, BP, CP, CSP, DM, DSP, FS, GS, HS, STU, STX, X

STSL: Run 2 / Work 1 to avoid 3 driver car

Link

Wow, I didn't realize they built one there. Cool. What time?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    We frequented that on in the past but since it is also a truck stop we gave up on it.

We have been going to the one on Heritage Trace Parkway.

Map

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

McD's on Heritage around 7ish it is.

Stoopid AX. I may just eat and go back home
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast