Thread: anybody host garage/tech days?

Default anybody host garage/tech days?

just curious ... i picked up a +01 header recently, and would like to install it. unfortunately, i don't have a garage. are there any garage day events coming up?
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Set one up. I haven't seen any "scheduled" garage days since this one old-people club in PA. Every other forum that has a garage/tech day just has whoever needs something posting about it.

Once my heap can be moved out of the garage, I would be happy to provide shelter and tools, but I'm way out in the middle of nowhere so you'd really need to have something done in a garage to make it worth it.

It'd probably help if you put where you live under your little avatar thing too, just FYI.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

For starters, update your profile so we have a clue where you are. Then post something in 'Impromptu Events' and check for interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    It'd probably help if you put where you live under your little avatar thing too, just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    For starters, update your profile so we have a clue where you are. Then post something in 'Impromptu Events' and check for interest.
    Yep. That would help...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i have a storage space that can hold up to 5 cars in doors, has air, tools, air tools and bathroom. will be willing to told scheduled tech days for donation to the buying more cool tools found.

I have some front Bilstein shocks that need some installing. I have a garage and tools but have never done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    I have some front Bilstein shocks that need some installing. I have a garage and tools but have never done it before.
    Just fronts? Not sure if you want to mix shocks, unless you already have them Bilsteins in the back.

I had the rears installed last week, just don't want to spend a fortune to do the fronts now.

Where ya at in Ft. Worth I just got a set of Bilstien's I'll be putting under the 2002 Miata in the next day or 2. Your welcome to come over and we can knock yours out at the same time.

My car lives in S ft worth off Hulen at the shop. I live in Saginaw.

My car lives in S ft worth off Hulen at the shop. I live in Saginaw.
    Your not very far from me I'm near Beach and Basswood in N. Ft. Worth. Let me know I plan to start working on the '02 tonight.

Yeah right by me. I live off basswood by blue mound rd. But my car and all things miata live at our shop with marks yellow miata. And that is 27 miles from my house. Lol

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Yeah right by me. I live off basswood by blue mound rd. But my car and all things miata live at our shop with marks yellow miata. And that is 27 miles from my house. Lol
    Here's a thought...bring the Miata home tonight (or whenever).

I refuse to help anyone, ever... except Ken O. I am hoping to score a trip to Disney next summer.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Cold morning drive with no roof. Brrrr....

How about tomorrow night? Kids have youth group and i can be free all evening when I get off work.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Here's a thought...bring the Miata home tonight (or whenever).
    After the autocross Sunday I drove the miata to work Monday morning. I had a winter hat and everything on trying to stay warm! Brrrrr..... I was very thankful to get into my tahoe again! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    noted ... and done. thanks :)

I usually like to work on my own car whenever possible. I know a lot of folks in Houston from the VW/Audi crowd, and we usually have garage days either at my house or someone else's. I installed my suspension myself on the Miata - so easy - I really like this car for it's simplicity.

jeff_man, that sounds good! i could use a hand too :)
    - luis
    '99 NB1

How about tomorrow night? Kids have youth group and i can be free all evening when I get off work.
    I got all motivated and finished the shock swap on the car tonight may go to Keller's tomorrow.

Maybe next time!

POS, did you change bushing or anything? need to do all four corners as well but i got some squeaks i would like to resolve when i get under there.
    95 r white

Quote Originally Posted by patf View Post
    POS, did you change bushing or anything? need to do all four corners as well but i got some squeaks i would like to resolve when i get under there.
    Not this time just replaced all 4 shocks.