Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GASSSSPPP! hardcore dd m2

Chassis Designer

Default GASSSSPPP! hardcore dd m2

Driver

doh! I just emailed, crossing fingers now!

Sorry boys. I just happened to be surfing craigslist last night at 930 when I stumbled on this. Hehe it's even hardtop version. Now if only I'd find a $400 hardtop lol

Driver

I am the one that bought it

A touch hard to get home in the Miata with a car seat, but I did it (have a slight headache though lol)

Driver

Of course, no hardware kit so I get to build some backing plates except one rear and buy some bolts. Anyone have a kit that's not installed so I can see what bolts it comes with and what the front mounting plate looks like?

I emailed 15 min after the posting stamp at 930. I thought there was no way someone would beat me to it. You're quick my friend

Driver

Oh you beat me in email, but I beat you in responding to his reply and getting there with cash :)

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Of course, no hardware kit so I get to build some backing plates except one rear and buy some bolts. Anyone have a kit that's not installed so I can see what bolts it comes with and what the front mounting plate looks like?
    The install instructions have an inventory of the nuts/bolts/washers it comes with on the front page... I think they are downloadable in PDF on their site. Just be sure to get the highest grade bolts you can find. When I moved my old bar into my wife's Miata, I replaced all the bolts with ones from the bins at my local hardware store. They started snapping when I tried to torque them to the harddog specs, so I ended up having to buy better ones.

Driver

The nuts and bolts I can buy grade 8 and be good. It came with one rear mounting plate and it looks easy enough the fab. It didn't come with a front mounting plate and I don't know what that looks like to refab one.

It looks like Bethania charges $10/plate. Not a terrible cost considering my time.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Oh you beat me in email, but I beat you in responding to his reply and getting there with cash :)
    I told him to call my cell as soon as he could and I'd be there. But your email must have been at the top of his inbox. Just luck I suppose.

I don't trust the Home Depot bolts to be actually grade 8. Make sure that they have the proper markings for a grade 8 bolt as well.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Driver

I might take you up on that :)

what was it?
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Quote Originally Posted by giveme5bux View Post
    I told him to call my cell as soon as he could and I'd be there. But your email must have been at the top of his inbox. Just luck I suppose.
    Good move. Any time I respond to a cl ad, I give them my cell and tell them I have cash in hand and will pick up their merchandise as soon as they call me.

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    what was it?
    I take it you mean what was the item for sale... LINK.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Why didn't this go up on CL last week before I bought mine ? Oh well, at least I supported TDR in my purchase

You can order all the hardware from Bethania. That's what I'd do. It might be a bit more expensive but you'll also get the bolt covers for the top of the seat belt tower.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Driver

ya I think that's the plan. Saving money on the bar is one thing (as long as it's not "used"). Saving $50 on the mounting kit might be foolish if you were relying on it.

This is why you NEVER put the good deals on this website, common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast