Thread: Raceland Coilovers, Set Up

Default Raceland Coilovers, Set Up

Looking to get a set of race land coilovers to lower my car and replace the 130,XXX stock shock set up

I was wondering how low can set them before making the car un-alignable?, I want the car lower but i don't want it so low that i cant get it aligned and go through a set of tires a year,

Im on the stock 99' NB 15" wheels 195/50/15's

i have mine set at 12"/12.5" front & rear (hub to fender) ... i have about a 2 finger gap between the fender & tire. my control arms are parallel to the ground. -.5deg/-1.5deg (f/r)
    - luis
    '99 NB1

- luis
    '99 NB1

So your car drives fine at that height,

did you go from stock to the racelands?

How do you like them ?

Measure from the pinch welds so everyone has an easy ride-height reference.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

There is a looooong thread about racelands on the pointy board (why is it called the pointy board?).
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    There is a looooong thread about racelands on the pointy board (why is it called the pointy board?).
    From what I see, there are a few long threads on the pointy board about Raceland Coilovers and they usually get locked.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    (why is it called the pointy board?)
    Your posts are required to have a point and stay on point. Obviously, it is not a requirement here, which is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFairladyZ32 View Post
    I was wondering how low can set them before making the car un-alignable?, I want the car lower but i don't want it so low that i cant get it aligned and go through a set of tires a year,
    You'll be better off finding an alignment shop that will work with you on that one. Set it as low as you want, take to alignment shop and see if they can get it to whatever specs you want. Raise as needed, then get the alignment done.

I say that because that's what I did when I first lowered my car. But I worked at a shop, so I got to align my own car for free whenever I wanted. I know my car was too low at first, even with 16s, so I had to raise it a bit to get it to align good. BUT that was also in NJ where I hardly was on a straight road, so you could run a "race" alignment on the street and get near perfect tire wear. When I moved to Florida, my tires wore out in short order from the too aggressive alignment, so I had to raise the car yet again and get another alignment. Luckily I found a shop that let me raise it while it was on the rack until it was good enough for them to get it to a more flat-straight-road compatible alignment. I'm sure cash to the tech's pocket didn't hurt.

And I agree with mr brg - measure from the pinch welds not fender to hub center.