Thread: Hard dog sport install

Driver

Default Hard dog sport install

Anyone wanna help me finish installing my roll bar tomorrow afternoon? I'm about halfway done. the bar is in the car an ready to start drilling holes and start putting it back together....if u have installed one before that would be nice or if u have a really long 3/8ths drill bit and show me any tips/tricks I'm trying to knock this out so
    I can race this weekend at lonestar park...thanks
    Last edited by Bigsrturbo; 03-08-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

guessing it's a autox. skip it and go to the track

Driver

Yea scca event...what track motorsports ranch? I thought about going out there too not sure what I'm doing yet

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    Yea scca event...what track motorsports ranch? I thought about going out there too not sure what I'm doing yet
    i picked up my stock 02 and went straight to a autox and hated it. week later did a de day and just drove my ass off. never did another autox.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    i picked up my stock 02 and went straight to a autox and hated it. week later did a de day and just drove my ass off. never did another autox.
    I'll try all of it let me know next time u go and I'll roll out with u...I want all the seat time I can get

Driver

Roll bars SUCK by yourself....it's been kicking my butt all day and still could not finish cuz I had to go to work....dumb

Driver

Got it in...holy crap!! Does anyone elses car rattle 10 times worse after u put the rollbar in? Lol

Did you put the carpet and sound insulation back in yet? I pulled the carped to work on some stuff back there and yes it now rattles like crazy along with loud road noise. My roll bar hasn't been installed yet though.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Driver

Yes I put it all back like stock....but i mean the hole car shakes lol...it deff tightened up the chassis...

I recently installed my HDHCHTDD rollbar, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. My car is as solid as a rock. No rattles or shakes related to the rollbar installation for me, but I also have the FM frame rails and center butterfly bracing.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Installed mine in December. Solid as a rock. Still have the same few rattles as before the install.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Yes I put it all back like stock....but i mean the hole car shakes lol...it deff tightened up the chassis...
    Then you either installed it wrong or something else was/is wrong and the rollbar [and associated chassis stiffening] just made it noticeable. I'd go with option #2.

Driver

who knows.... i have not drove the car since my pass rear a arm and shock came lose at the bmw school..i retightened it all but never drove it after then the rollbar showed up and i started the install so i bet i need a alignment....ill worry about it after i do my susp next week then go get it all done...

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Then you either installed it wrong or something else was/is wrong and the rollbar [and associated chassis stiffening] just made it noticeable. I'd go with option #2.

you wanna meet up and ride it in and see what u think since u are 2min from me?

I can do that for you, sure. I'm free all this week since it's spring break. I will be in some river this weekend...think we're heading down Friday night. Let me know when/if you're good sometime this week.

Sorry for the late response, too. We were in Austin looking at wedding venues all weekend. But I don't internet much on the weekend anyway, so I probably wouldn't have seen your post till now whether we were home or not.
    Last edited by Rob®; 03-14-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Driver

Awesome..I'm off in the afternoons all the time anytime after 130 is good so maybe tomorrow?

Tomorrow works for me. I will PM you my contact info in an hour or so.

Driver

thanks..

I'll try all of it let me know next time u go and I'll roll out with u...I want all the seat time I can get
    For whatever reason, autocross and track guys seem to be different breeds, and I'm not sure why. I'm with you, I just want to be able to get some time in the car. I've driven on a track and I've done a handful of autocrosses, and they are just two different things.

I enjoy both, and I like the inherent competitive nature of autocross. You can come to an autocross for the first time, drive as hard as you can, and compete against other drivers on day one. It will take a lot longer than that (and cost a lot more money) to be licensed for competitive track driving. Yes, you only get about 8ish minutes of "track time" during a typical autocross, but it only costs $35, you get to hang out with car guys for a day, and you get to work on your car control skills.

Unfortunately, track time is exponentially more expensive than autocrossing. If I had more money to spend, I'd like to get more into HPDE. If I had even more money, I'd get into Time Trials. If I had even (lots) more money, I would race Spec Miata. If I had even more money... well, you get the idea.

Right now, I'm on an autocross budget. It'll have to do for now.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Driver

Lol I feel ya....I'm trying to focus on just getting my wheel/tire setup and front swaybar....then I can hit every autox event the rest of the year and just get alot if seat time....I'm so addicted to autox now! Everyone is cool and even when u are working ur having fun watching the cars run. it's a win/win!!