Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maverick Region PCA Time Trial #1 and Autocross #1, 3/19-3/20 Mineral Wells

Driver

Wish I could have made it...I finished all my susp today this is a hole new car now....going to go Monday an get my alignment at PTP and I'll be ready for the next event!!!
    Last edited by Bigsrturbo; 03-19-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Good time today. I really like my new RS3s. Those things stick like glue out there!
    Did you just buy new ones or are those the same one you have run the last few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Did you just buy new ones or are those the same one you have run the last few weeks?
    They had words and flames on the tread still.

Ok that means they are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Ok that means they are fast.
    I could not believe the grip I was getting from the new ones! I just kept pushing them more and more.

BTW, when I was having the old ones replaced, I noticed one of the them had cords showing. Now wonder I was not doing too well on them.

Yeah, I thought they were holding you back a little. Glad you got some fresh rubber. Will be curious if you think they are as grippy at autox tomorrow where they may not build up as much heat.

+1 for the RS3s. Grip was incredible.

Just like the racing stripe, the flames on the side are good for two-tenths off your time.

Good time, today. The course walked horribly and it was too tight in a few places, but it drove fun. My arms were tired!

With the exception of 2 places on the course I started to warm up to it and in the end I liked the course.

I had so much fun I came home and started my header install and installed new motor mounts tonight.

I hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread, but since slowchild was interested, I thought I'd give a quick update.

I enjoyed seeing a few of you guys at the TT event Saturday. Those that were there saw my Miata turned into a bug-spraying truck and I had to leave early. 7 quarts of oil later I got home safe. The engine appears to have a broke piston in #2. So bad it was blowing all the compression in the pan and spewing oil everywhere. Soooo I won't be at any events for a while.

I'm selling my m45 supercharger and TDR intercooler to help pay for a replacement engine if anyone is interested. Look for a post in the parts section.

And yes, it will be very tough to go from 160+ rwhp down to 105rwhp again. But otherwise the car will sit out a whole season. Besides, I've enjoyed the torque...now it's someone else's turn.

Maniac Mitch
    Red 1995 Miata

Sorry to hear about the engine, Mitch. I hope you get it running sooner rather than later.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

+1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123