Thread: FS: 1997 montego blue miata

Default FS: 1997 montego blue miata

*COPIED FROM CRAIGSLIST*

I love my miata, but im looking to get something with a little more room. the car runs and drives fantastic, i just realized a few days before christmas when my god-daughter wanted to come with me and her dad to the bank that i couldnt fit her in the car and it made up a little upset that i couldnt do that.

Year: 1997
    Make: Mazda
    Model: Miata MX-5
    Trans: 5-speed
    Color: Montego Blue
    Miles: 161K
    Int Color: Black
    Motor: 1.8L

Like i said, i love this car, I bought this car right around 150K and changed the timing belt, water pump, tensioner pulley and idler pulley. i have also added 2.5" exhaust with a magnaflow muffler onto the car, and it has Eibach lowering springs that give it a nice firm ride. This thing sticks very well in turns and will do whatever you want it to do. i am also going to have the front main seal changed, and i have just recently changed the shifter bushing. the interior is in pretty good shape, it has a RARE to find in the states Canadian non-srs (no airbag) steering wheel. the interior is black and has some wear and tear, but nothing major especially for the year. the top is in decent shape, no major holes or anything.

the biggest "bad" i can think of, is the paint is fading on the hood and trunk. other than that, there really isnt too much. this car runs fantasic and has yet to give me any kind of major problem or leave me stranded anywhere. the horn isnt working right now, but i know it is a simple fix, i just think its not getting grounded behind the wheel since it did work before i bought the car and switched wheels (horns worked on both cars and hooked up properly).

the easiest way to get ahold of me is through text 214-558-0398. PLEASE PLEASE text, if you absolutely have to call, then call. but i prefer text since i dont like talking on the phone that much.

and if you cant call or text at the time, feel free to email me. i have plenty of pictures, i am willing to take more and i will answer any questions you have to the best i can.

$3500 obo

Last edited by sloked up; 01-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.

do you have the OEM wheel and airbag?

no i threw it away since it was discusting. if its about the horn im 90% sure its a completely simple fix.

though i think i might still have the airbag.... might be in the trunk still

UPDATE!

plan on repainting the car here soon.

$3000 FIRM as it sits.

$3200 FIRM AFTER paint.

Driver

I need one of those steering wheels!! Looks nice

roll to canada and get one lol.

thank you for the compliment.

EDIT:
    painting process has started.
    Last edited by sloked up; 03-01-2011 at 07:13 PM.

car has been painted, just needs buffing done. $3200 pics will be up soon

*PICTURE UPDATE*

all pictures before wet sanding and buffing of the car.

Engine Builder

looks good man, trying to sell my car to get a miata. I'll keep this one in mind

thank you. here are some more pics for you not taken at night

Driver

Turned out good...

Looks better. Nice respirator!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Curious as to why you didn't fix the miscellaneous dings on the car before painting it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like you only painted portions of the car and not the whole thing. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Curious as to why you didn't fix the miscellaneous dings on the car before painting it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like you only painted portions of the car and not the whole thing. I get it.
    main reason i only painted a few portions of the car is because im trying to sell it and i didnt want to dump a WHOLE lot of money into the paint. since some lady bumped me in the back and chipped some paint (have pictures of the paint, no actual damage besides chipped paint), i figured if i was going to get that fixed i might aswell just paint the rest of the fading and get it over with. i was going to spot parts of the car, but then it would be more noticable that they were fixed. so i just decided to leave them for the time being. other than that, i just really didnt want to spend all that money to paint a car i am planning on selling... not to be cheap at all though.

I get it. I would have done the same thing, probably.

i just figured i would explain myself :)