Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCA Time Trial #2 and Autocross #3 4/30-5/1 at Mineral Wells Airport

Video of my fastest lap:

Me checking out what kind of grip the grass has on my 3rd lap....??

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It is stock according to the SCCA classing. Try to keep up.
    I thought he had street tires... Not stock class then.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Congrats to Nathan and Dean for putting down some really fast runs. Really impressive driving.
    Thanks. I really enjoy TTs.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    I thought he had street tires... Not stock class then.
    Well, that is still Stock Class, just not fully-prepped.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Great Vids Nathan! The second had a huge pucker factor considering that is where that drop-off is that I warned everyone about. I guess I'm not pushing hard enough, I haven't seen that grass that up close in a really long time!!!

The fastest lap vid was very good. Whose monitoring video-feed system is that? I only wish you had rpm hooked up. Couldn't tell you hit the rev-limiter any...do you remember hitting it on that lap? My M45 nosed over bad in power above 6K rpm, does the M62 nose over or pull good all the way to 7250?

Enjoyed seeing the Video. Made miss my SC and haven't even got to drive the car normally aspirated yet. ;-(
    I worked 17hrs on it over the week-end and am about 85% done *IF* I don't have starting issues. Currently trying to get my old JR CAI system I had on the car before to work with the 99 intake...it must be in a slightly different location...or something's different. I liked that induction...just hated how you can't see the timing marker on the balancer.

Dang, I really missed that event now...it was a nice day Saturday...I bet it was a good event. Won't get to a PCA TT until June.

Maniac Mitch

I was actually more worried about the trees as I was passing the inside cone sideways. I was trying to start out super wide off the line to sweep in and there was a small patch of gravel at turn-in that caught me off guard to start that slide. I became a little more timid in that corner after that. I think I could have carried closer to 70mph through that turn, but instead went down to 3rd and was carrying ~60mph and having it floored before the apex to try and get exit speeds back up.

The camera is a gopro HD and then the data is from my racechrono. Two seperate systems that I then combine on computer. Now that I have it figured out it isn't that hard to do. I am not sure why RPM isn't showing, I had the OBD key in and it said that it connected to it, but never recorded any data from it. I hit the limiter several times on that lap. I was banging off of it before entering the last turn. As long as the belt is tight it pulls strong all the ways to the limiter.

The TT was a lot of fun with lots of laps (16 not counting the morning practice) and an easy work assignment. The R-S3's really grip well compared to old star spec's but they don't seem to give a lot of feed back and kind of have a numb fell. I think I over drove them on the afternoon runs. Once I figure out the set-up they want and how they like to be driven they will be fast. Looking forward to seeing how they work on a autocross course.

Jrj512 did you run the R-S3's on Sunday? How well do they work in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Jrj512 did you run the R-S3's on Sunday? How well do they work in the rain?
    It has been so long since I have autocrossed in the rain that I really cannot say. Plus, it was cold, which is not what the RS3s like, so they would not have done well in the dry, either. It was slick, but not terribly so. However, it would have been nice to have to R1Rs for comparison.

So, what are the chances that results ever get posted?
    Polished Turd Racing

Seeing how I am still waiting on the results from the March autocross. It may be a while before they are posted.

I emailed Travis to see if he can build a fire under whomever is supposed to post the results now. The guy that was doing it is in bad health and has quit doing any club activities. Hopefully they will find someone to take his place...and be much more timely. Heck, I wanna see the results too!!!!!

Maniac Mitch

On the times posting...
    Travis let me know that they just got a brand-new volunteer last week-end to take care of the times posting. So they hope it will show up soon. I'd give it a week or two. Yeah, I know. It's a bummer for us...the times show up in the monthly club magazine...but only show Porsches...because it IS the Porsche club. However this new volunteer drives a non-Porsche also...so hopefully he will be motivated to "get 'er dun" for those of us that provide enough attendance to keep the events going.

Maniac Mitch

Mitch - thanks for trying to get something done on this. Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons I stopped doing PCA events; not posting results is ridiculous in this day-and-age with computers that can generate a report in seconds.

As for it being a "Porsche" club, I hope they don't forget that they wouldn't have enough attendance to run the event if only Porche's had shown-up. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post
    but only show Porsches...because it IS the Porsche club.
    It would look bad in the Porsche magazine if a Miata, Corvette or other car had the fastest time each event :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    It would look bad in the Porsche magazine if a Miata, Corvette or other car had the fastest time each event :)
    Stupid Corvettes.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Stupid Corvettes.
    Drive one, you might like it :) It has something we don't have, called TORQUE.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Drive one, you might like it :) It has something we don't have, called TORQUE.
    Oh I know I like it... That is the problem. However I plan to keep the miata for a while longer since I am still waiting on parts to show up for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123