Thread: WTB Miata Immediately - $2500 to $3200 range

Default WTB Miata Immediately - $2500 to $3200 range

As the title says, I am looking for a Miata between $2500 and ~$3200. I have an 06 Evo that has had constant engine issues in my pursuit for a high hp daily driver. I was sitting at 615hp for 2700 miles and I spun a bearing. I've decided its time to pick up another car that's also fun to drive. I primarily need it to get back and forth between work and home and school. Here is a link to my dyno thread. I am looking to purchase within the next 7 days.

These are a few must haves:
    -Stock motor in perfect running condition - I can not afford to have the thing strand me in the middle of no where. It needs to be 100% reliable. I do not mind minor maintenance issues, but the motor needs to be mechanically sound.
    -Working AC
    -Working Seatbelts
    -Working door locks

Other than that, I am very flexible on issues. I could care less if the thing has dings and scratches on it.

If you guys have one, or know of anyone looking to sale theirs, please let me know!

I can be reached anytime of day at [email protected]. I have email on my phone and will respond almost immediately. Please include a number you can be reached at. Thank you for reading!

-Acree

Driver

Sorry about your Evo.

FWIW, I *never* locked the Miata. Either the top was left down or I just left it unlocked so they wouldn't cut the top. I also left nothing of value in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Sorry about your Evo.

FWIW, I *never* locked the Miata. Either the top was left down or I just left it unlocked so they wouldn't cut the top. I also left nothing of value in the car.
    +1

I do the same..there's nothing in there worth stealing and if they want the stereo, take it..I want another one anyway!
    Nothing like the whine of a SC at full throttle!

who built your evo?

Evolution Dynamics in Lewisville. We're pretty sure it was due to oil starvation. Either way, she'll be back up in a couple of months. I've had a couple of promising calls today so hopefully I'll be puttering around in a Miata here in 3-4 days.

-Acree

Here is some good stuff on buying a used Miata - http://www.miata.net/garage/garagebuying.html

Try to find one with a good top as that can be an expensive fix.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Driver

My top was $200 ebay bucks and some time (I didn't change the rain rail, had rivets at the house). Not too terrible.