Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/30 Dallas Karting Complex Results

That league looks promising. Others?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    The Tuesday night league? I obviously need a lot of practice to get my skill level up to where most of you all are and I figure that might help me. I plan on checking it out when I get back from vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    What league are you talking about? I'm going to keep it short as it hurts to type...
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Lol... you guys are weak. My neck is a little stiff today, but that's it.

I'm interested in the night league, but it will have to wait until Melissa's arm is healed enough to pick up a toddler.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

They have info on the site about a night league.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    What league are you talking about? I'm going to keep it short as it hurts to type...
    Tuesday and Wednesday night racing league

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Karting Complex
    League racing at Dallas Karting Complex will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings in our 13hp Sodi GT5 racing karts. Each night will be run separate from the other. Leagues will be organized with Light, Medium and Masters weight classes to create the best possible competition level for you.

Dallas Karting Complex can be run in several different configurations and many of these will be utilized over the series to keep excitement levels high. DKC Sodi karts also have timing transponders attached so when you come off the track each race you will be able to see your exact lap times along with all other competitors lap times. If you’re feeling proud of your results, you’ll even be able to share them on Facebook!

League night race formats will vary, with the standard program consisting of a mandatory driver’s meeting, then 2 qualifying heat races which will determine the starting order for the 3rd Final Race for the championship points. Other qualifying and race formats will also be used, just to keep things “interesting”. Series points will be accumulated over the 6 weeks and winners will receive prizes and trophies at the end of the last race.

The cost for the entire 6 weeks of DKC League Racing is only $330.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yeah I was just reading that. Price isn't bad, but they don't list start times. I wonder if they will use softer tires, or the hard compounds that they have on for the rentals? I'm interested just need more info. I do like that the fact it is a spec class as that just makes it that much more fun.

The only part of me that is sore now are my ribs where I kept hitting the side of the seat. Evidently they make a rib vest to prevent that so I may have to look into that more if I want to do this more.

Did you use the seat insert? I used one in the qualifying and race sessions, and it made a big difference.

I think the only thing I'd change next time would be gloves (got a couple of small blisters from fighting the wheel) and jeans instead of shorts. Down the big straights I could feel my shorts bellowing out like air brakes.
    Iain

BTW, considering the cost (and for me, that fact that it's closer than any autocross/DE location), I can see spending a lot of time out at DKC in the future if they can keep the equipment maintained.

I got as much of a thrill from the close kart racing as I have at any DE, and since there are no associated /tire/brake/fuel/wear costs, a day out there is cheaper than even a local autocross event.

Hmm... I'll bet I could tow a shifter kart with the S2000...
    Iain

BTW, considering the cost (and for me, that fact that it's closer than any autocross/DE location), I can see spending a lot of time out at DKC in the future if they can keep the equipment maintained.

I got as much of a thrill from the close kart racing as I have at any DE, and since there are no associated /tire/brake/fuel/wear costs, a day out there is cheaper than even a local autocross event.
    This!

I went to MSR on Sunday and spent way more in gas than I did for the three sessions we did in the karts! I'm not even going to think about tires, brakes....

It's been done, ask Smart. I have a picture of it somewhere...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Shouldn't be a problem at all... A friend of mine regularly towed a double decker Kart trailer to events hundreds of miles away with his Boxster.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    It's been done, ask Smart. I have a picture of it somewhere...
    That's from where the original S2000 autocross equipment trailer came. Those two wings on the back of the lid were for the wider rear tires when the cart sat on top of it.

Damn. Sounds like many of you are hooked. I need to get out there soon. How far of a drive is it from Plano ( say 75)?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

probably about 45 minutes.
    it was 1.5 hrs for me coming from 35w/820

S2000 + kart trailer + kart + pilot (with proper rib protection that still didn't prevent some cracked ribs, I'm told)

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Damn. Sounds like many of you are hooked. I need to get out there soon. How far of a drive is it from Plano ( say 75)?
    It is 18 minutes from my house, and I can be to 75 & 380 or 75 & Plano Parkway in 25 minutes when traffic is light.

Nice driving Elistan! I'm guessing you were Eli.

I never karted before except for speed zone's slick track. If I do this again I'll be needing to get or make some kind of back protecttion. No cracked ribs; just bruised. Right side a bit more due to the hard braking left turns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i got a bruise on my ribs from the first run (no seat padding).
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    It was right at 40 minutes for me in Murphy. Say 50-60 minutes for Plano.
    Iain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast