Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 SW Divisional Series #3, at TX A&M Riverside Annex, July 16-17, 2011

Evil KK and I are in!

Anyone know if I need to bring a new and shiny new SCCA minor waiver for evil KK?? Also I see there is a "special" waiver just for the Texas A&M Riverside Annex.

BTW anyone know who's in charge of this event I want to shoot them a note about my co-driver in order to limit any drama in advance.

http://www.houscca.com/solo/divisional.php
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-05-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    not going this year after all the crap at last year's event
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Ditto!
    Wow... with reviews like that, none of us should go...

Hmmm.... Don't know what is behind these statements, really don't want to know.

I had a good time last year, the only down side was the horribly uncompetitive car I was in.
    Was it a perfect event? Honestly, really are any of them. We can all find things to fault in any of them.

To me, the best part of a two day event is getting to spend some time with this group of TX and LA autocrossers that make the road trips and hit the two day events. Be it the Tours or Pros that nationals puts on or the divisionals that the regions put on. Some of my favorites are down at A&M because there is a great mix of people from Houston, Austin, SA, and the DFW area as well as the East Texas/Shreveport gang. Plus they always put on a good party and make all feel welcomed. To get to know this group certainly adds to the 6 minutes of fun we have behind the wheel any given weekend.

Come on, lets show some support to a neighboring region and all the hard work that their volunteers have put into this event. The rumor is that the course is going to be great, the surface is always grippy, they have the Chef Tai Mobile Bistro local food truck coming out Saturday so you don't have to find your way back into town to buy lunch. The menu looks great and the prices are always below $10. Donuts and juice on Sunday morning... (according to the event info on Axware)

If these two day events don't get more support, we will probably loose them. I would hate to see them go by the wayside. I do this for the friends made along the way...

Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sube View Post
    Ditto!

in!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

What happened at last year's event??

d

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    BTW anyone know who's in charge of this event I want to shoot them a note about my co-driver in order to limit any drama in advance.
    Test Test 1, 2, 3

BTW. the link to the Special Waiver is here - http://www.houscca.com/solo/division...cc_insform.pdf
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-06-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Test Test 1, 2, 3

BTW. the link to the Special Waiver is here - http://www.houscca.com/solo/division...cc_insform.pdf
    Asst RE - Solo for Houston Region is Clint Williams - [email protected]

Not sure if he's Chairing the event or not but he can ceratinly answer any questions you might have.

Hope this helps.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post

Not sure if he's Chairing the event or not but he can ceratinly answer any questions you might have.

Hope this helps.
    Sigh. You just ruined Ignore POS Racing Day. I've been waiting all year for it.

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post

Hope this helps.
    Thank you sir I'll blast him an e-mail!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Sigh. You just ruined Ignore POS Racing Day. I've been waiting all year for it.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing View Post
    What happened at last year's event??

d
    Todd Ferris tells me he has fixed last year's crap but I'm still not going. I'll let others see if he was able to fix it. Too much other stuff going on.

Last year:

1. grid was huge, too far from T&S, couldn't ever hear PA to know what was going on

2. timing posting was on windshield of T&S vehicle, too far away to check times

3. run heats very unbalanced -- we were working course 2 1/2 hours, other heats 1 1/2 hours

4. when exiting course, you had to run thru a huge area of big gravel, no matter how hard you tried to not do it

5. despite requirements for all rules to either be in the Solo rules or in the Supplementals, Houston sprung a new one on us in grid

sitting there with motor running to warm up before running (no one in car) and grid guy runs up shouting we'll be DSQ unless we turn it off

seems Houston has a rule that if kid karts are doing their thing, no motors running (SCCA rules say no cars moving)

so, since the karts were over 100 yards away getting ready to run, located between T&S and us, not passing us in any way or anywhere near us, but we got screamed at

I understand safety for kids, but that was exceedingly stupid

6. a worker in a later heat was feeling heat stroke issues coming on and told Houston Region corner captain they were going to get into shade for a while

got screamed at and threatened with DSQ if left station

Texas RE called later and talked to Houston RE and nothing ever done, no apology, no consequences of being an a**hole

7. generally, Houston Region does not support other region's events. Texas always sends 30+ entrants to theirs, they send maybe 5 to ours.

those are my low points, I know SteveE has others

enjoy the event, hope things are better
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Yes we do and our issues have been made known to our region, division, Houston and National. TX Region and Todd jumped on the situation but nothing ever was resolved so we vote with our wallet so to speak and don't attend. Nuff said. Old news.

Sorry to hear, I did not realize what others were running into. Hopefully this time will run with fewer issues.

So, before I book a room, is anyone looking for someone to split a hotel room?Must have TWO beds, Jimmy.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    So, before I book a room, is anyone looking for someone to split a hotel room?Must have TWO beds, Jimmy.
    I guess you could share the other bed with LostLorin. Be careful, he's all about spooning.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I guess you could share the other bed with LostLorin. Be careful, he's all about spooning.
    spooning leads to forking.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    So, before I book a room,
    Let me know what kind of TCB deal you find on a room!

Something big must be happening down there, as room prices are way up for Friday. Couldn't even get a 2-day price line.com deal for $80/night for 2star rooms. As far as TCB goes, there is a place for $39/night (Americas best value inn), but the reviews are pretty sketchy. I'll likely grab a room at the remodeled Motel 6 ($59/night)

I am excited about this, if only for the fried goodness on Saturday night.

Looking forward to the event.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast