Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for nice wheels...

Heck, for half of the half of the half you were going to peddle them off to poor sammm, I'll take them off your hands and put them on my '99. Wouldn't you just love to see those 14" wheels on a NB?
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Personally, I think you should auction them off to the highest bidder, and the graciously donate the proceeds to support the Team Cheap Bastard assault on the National Tour. We promise to spend your money wisely... :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What I need to find is a nice 15" wheel I could use on either the POS or Vivid! Now that would be sweet!
    If Rota really does decide to come out with 15" RBs (Panasport lookalikes), I'm thinking a set of those with a black or gunmetal center and polished lip would look sweet on both the POS Racer and I.M. Vivid's car.

I'd like a set with gold centers myself. :afro:
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Here's a shot of my favorite BBS wheels.... mine!

17" RX's.... love them!

And no, sammm, you can't have them!
    That's a nice lookin' car... for a Passat. Can't say I blame you for shaving the VW emblem, though. :P
    Iain

Sorry.... here's the updated photo! I had that silly windshield sticker for a club show last year....

Clean and debadged is the only way to go!

And I'm done showing off...

well...

ok....

I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Of course, seeing as how Treibenschnell has already removed the OEM airbag steering wheel (a technical no-no in SCCA Stock classes ), buying non-legal wheels wouldn't really make a difference.

Seeing as how I bought it like that... I'll have to find a stock steering wheel now! :P

Keep the wheel, stay in stock. Unless you are SUPER DUPER competetive, ad/or go to Nationals no one should hassle you about it.

It's not like you have a turbo hiding under the hood.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

My new 2003 Miata came from the dealer with the Enkei RSF-2's on it...

18" rims with some 215 size tires (LOW profile)

Talk about bling-bling!

http://www.enkei.com/PerfSpecPAGES/rsf-2Specs.html

After I get my car page set up, I'll link to some pics of it...

Dunno the weight on them, but I've gotten lots of pr0ps from 'em. The chix love 'em (much to the anger of the wife) hahahaha

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

18's!! Get any rubbing?

I had some 17's that would occasionally rub at stock height.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

What I need to find is a nice 15" wheel I could use on either the POS or Vivid! Now that would be sweet!
    If Rota really does decide to come out with 15" RBs (Panasport lookalikes), I'm thinking a set of those with a black or gunmetal center and polished lip would look sweet on both the POS Racer and I.M. Vivid's car.

What POS forgot to mention is that I want a nice set of Chrome wheels for Vivid.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid

What POS forgot to mention is that I want a nice set of Chrome wheels for Vivid.
    That would work out perfectly! POS sells me a set of his collection of BBS's, puts your wheels on the 92C and buys you what you want! What more could you ask for?!?!?!

No rubbing yet with the 18's...

Plenty of clearance on the fender with the 215 size tire

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Wow, I was thinking of bidding on these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43955 when they were $100, but its getting crazy now.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Wow, I was thinking of bidding on these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43955 when they were $100, but its getting crazy now.
    Did you see these Joe ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2469852177

Those look rough...and heavy. Good thing is that I don't NEED wheels.

By the way, for those looking for alternate, E/C Stock legal wheels, Jon W informed me of these TSW Razors today. They're available in 14"x5.5" and 15"x6" sizes - you heard me right, they're available in OEM Miata sizes... and at a pretty decent price, too.

You E Stockers might really want to check them out - $90 each in your size ($131 each in 15"x6" size, unfortunately, which is about what the OEMs go for through Mazdacomp). They aren't that bad looking, although I haven't got a clue what they weigh. Anyway, just FYI.

Edit: Whoops, looks like the offset might be too shallow for them to be legal in E Stock (+35mm). Isn't the OEM offset +45 on the older cars?
    Iain

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Edit: Whoops, looks like the offset might be too shallow for them to be legal in E Stock (+35mm). Isn't the OEM offset +45 on the older cars?
    Yes, the offset of the NA OEM wheels is 45. (We prefer classic, not older! )

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I tried to look - mostly curiosity since I have a hookup through the antithesis of TCB and only buy my wobble wheels locally.

Using the link posted here, all I got was a HackerSafe commercial.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I have a lead on a very nice set of 14" OEM BBS's with caps and wrench for $750.

Accepting all thoughts/comments/bashing now. (BTW, those would be almost 4 lbs. lighter per wheel than the ones I'm currently running.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast