Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a welder?

Default Who has a welder?

My coldside install got axed because of casting house problems that BRP had. So as a consolation, Grant worked a deal for me on the new BRP Turbo. It is a non-intercooled kit, but I was thinking about trying to poor boy an intercooler using a $200 ebay special and some mandrel bent piping....

Any brave souls out there want to lend a hand? I wont get the car back until mid-march, and if beer isnt enough, I can compensate for the welding skills.

Chris

Wow... are they ditching the whole coldside effort, or will the delays simply be too long for you to wait with the car sitting in Brant's shop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

This is the intercooler I am looking at.

They are just seriously delayed... like at least six months. Too long to wait. I have been waiting for 3 years, just gonna try something different. It is a GT25R based kit, so it should be good to 220ish with very little lag.

Chris

bummer about the cold side I have no skills other than numnuck skills, bow hunting skills and computer hacking skills chicks dig guys with skills.

I think that monkey has welded in the past. I'm sure he will chim chim soon.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I could build her a cake...

I have several welders......but I didn't say that I can weld!!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

You can buy my FM intercooler. Not sure what I want for it right now.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Dont know if it would work... different type of setup. The turbos are oriented differently.

Chris

i've got a welder and some experience cutting and welding mandrel bends for exhaust, so it will apply here. its a 220v mig so it will be no problem if you don't mind bulky welds.

Cool. I will get the car back in March sometime, so I will hit you up then. How is the finger doing?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    Cool. I will get the car back in March sometime, so I will hit you up then. How is the finger doing?

Chris
    My finger is fine, how is yours?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Way to use the buddy system guys. No more flying solo.

homerneedspeed cut his middle finger off.... just asking how he was doing....

I have a Millermatic 250, but I'm not near experienced enough. If you guys are going to weld these up, would you be willing to PM me and let me watch? This is something I'd really like to be able to do.

And if it's of value, mine's loaded up with .035 wire and C25 right now.

Chuck

Sure. There is only one way to get experiance... I have always learned better when I have something I am trying to accomplish. We can give it a stab anyway.

Chris

i go in for sugery on tuesday morning but there is new growth past the cut so my body is accepting the previously missing digit part but how much of it I won't know for a few days.

I hope this isn't offensive to ask, but how did you manage to cut off the finger? Is there something new in the shop I should be watching out for even more?

Chuck

I cut it off loading a dirt bike into the back of a truck... I grabbed the bottom of the fork and my finger was in the rotor and when the wheel rolled forward it got caught between the rotor and the caliper...took the tip off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast